On behalf of our client, a fast growing operation in the fresh produce industry , we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Grower Accountant, Supply Chain. This client will be adding to their Salinas, CA team and are interested in those who will be dependable, detail oriented, self-motivated and willing to drive continual process improvement to grower accounting efforts of the organization. Key responsibilities will be management of the grower accounting process from initial contract setup to day to day processing/reconciliation of grower proceeds/payables and inventory.
Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Setup of all grower deals in system from contract number, terms, plantings, contract rates, etc.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of receiving report to external grower document for product packed or shipped to warehouse
- Ensure weekly pick and pack calculations are correct and paid to the growers based on the expected pay date
- Reconcile the grower statements to the internal financials for accuracy on the grower proceeds/payables and if applicable, joint venture growing costs.
- Reconcile Crop in Ground for all growers and commodities. Ensure the proper amortization of such costs to the P&L.
- Work closely with the Operations group to improve operational and/or grower accounting processes.
- Develop monthly management reports to identify profitability by commodity by grower by deal type for Senior Management
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and complete necessary journal entries with all supporting documentation
- Team member in the review of income statement and research any out of the ordinary balances to insure accurate financial information is being reported
- Assist in the year-end audit requirements and compile any required documentation or analysis to support company's financial statements
- Period end duties as assigned
- Consistently review accounting procedures and suggest ideas to improve processes
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above-stated responsibilities as well as possess the following skills, education and/or experience (a combination of same may be considered);
- BS Degree in Finance and Accounting, AA in Accounting will be considered or relevant additional work experience
- Prior experience in agricultural accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years cost accounting/financial analysis required
- Full Cycle Month End Close
- Grower accounting experience highly desirable
- Experience in Famous software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Highly organized and ability to meet tight deadlines with little or no supervision
- Attention to detail with accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Spanish, a major plus
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation or target salary/wage in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.