The Production Scheduler is responsible for creating and monitoring the production schedule in the ERP System to ensure on-time order fulfillment. Prioritizes and updates production schedule as required to meet specific order requirements, and to communicate updates to applicable personal. Use effective communication and in-depth analysis of resources and scheduling issues in order to drive effective continuous improvements. Must have strong understanding of greenhouse operations.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure on time delivery of all orders.
- Develop and analyze long term schedules with an ERP system.
- Implement resource planning strategies that meet the service level.
- Analyze sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and resources requirements.
- Interface with all value chain functions, such as Production, Purchasing, Customer Service, Sales, Growing and Transportation on resource status, production planning or scheduling issues.
- Review resources availability daily and take appropriate actions.
- Must have experience scheduling the production for greenhouse operations with an ERP system.
- Execute prioritization changes due to customer requirement of shortage resolution.
- Monitor production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials and quality control measures, using this information for continuous demand and resource planning.
- Train users to effectively use software.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience)
- College degree in related field or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Agriculture Greenhouse operations.
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Team oriented, must have the ability to work cohesively with others.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Travel to all locations required.
- 5 years Supervisory experienced required.
- Intermediate Level Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Effective communication skills.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.
We are in the fashion business. We set the bar high. We behave ourselves. We treat each other like family.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agriculture, Greenhouse, or Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance