Ceres Global Ag Corp. is seeking a dedicated, hard-working Grain Accounting Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of this role is processing and recording grain purchase and sale transactions, which includes working with internal and external customers, internal merchandisers, and elevator facility personnel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grain ticket applications to purchase and sale contracts
- Processing grain settlements and advances
- Payment processing of grain procurements
- Interpretation of documents from counterparties (invoices, statements, checks, etc.)
- Identifying and resolving transaction exceptions
- Contract confirmation to counterparties’ contracts ensuring completeness and
- Backup for other department positions as volume and workloads dictate
- Handle internal and external customer inquiries with positive customer service
- Work on special projects under direct supervision
- Assist with reporting requests and special projects as assigned
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues independently
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in order to work with external customers, rail carriers, merchandising staff, elevator personnel, and management)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands type, write and grasp. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift 20 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision.