Human Resources Managers ~ We are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of HR Manager for this highly respected and established agriculture leader. With headquarters in Salinas, CA, this client and employer harvests and packages crops year-round in the Salinas Valley, Huron and Coachella, CA as well as in Yuma, AZ. This is a full-time direct hire career opportunity for a talented and qualified individual desiring to join a top notch agricultural operation offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits plan.
The Human Resources Manager is a proactive business partner responsible for all aspects of managing human assets including workforce planning and development; safety, workers compensation, and benefits and compliance with all state and federal laws. Candidates skilled in HR metrics, business analyses and who are located in the local area preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Stays current on employment and labor laws at the state and federal level.
- Keeps management informed of upcoming law changes as well as assessing and recommending Valley Pride responses to changes in the law
- Takes the lead in Interactions with OSHA, EEOC, Federal immigration agencies, the US Department of Labor and any other regulatory agency.
- Manages and documents the hiring, onboarding, required training and development of employees including maintaining training databases
- Assures legally-compliant and thoroughly-documented PFL, FMLA and other leave management.
- Capable of in depth analyses on a variety of issues relating to human capital and astute at making recommendations.
- Oversees H2A program by identifying optimal candidates, planning and executing recruitment, selection, and maintaining contact with pools of qualified individuals.
- Guides, trains and advises company supervisors and managers on employee and employer rights and responsibilities and maintaining positive employee relations
- Understands the critical business issues that arise from human resources and develops sound recommendations and best practices to guarantee effective management of the organization’s human capital.
- Works with safety to create the training and discipline to build and maintain a safety conscious culture company-wide.
- Develops metrics for measuring safety throughout the company and uses those metrics to implement comprehensive plans to reduce incidents and lower rates.
- Regularly reviews Workers’ Compensation statistics and, in consultation with insurance company, works to reduce injuries and time off work.
- Conducts, documents and makes recommendations relating to investigations on all personnel issues including allegations of harassment, discrimination, injuries etc.
- Supervises safety in their conduct of the farm labor vehicle driver training program as well as the maintenance of DOT files and related records.
- In close partnership with internal WC Manager, provides leadership and direction regarding accident and injury investigation.
- Coordinates light duty work with employee, supervisor, and physician and WC carrier.
- Conduct comprehensive loss and claims management and analysis; follow up with all internal/external parties involved to expedite claims to closure
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above-noted role successfully and have the following skills, abilities and qualifications (a combination of same may be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field.
- SPHR or PHRca preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven management experience in human resources and/or safety, preferably in an agricultural environment (harvesting and field operations).
- Must be an effective hands-on manager capable of resolving any organizational issues
- Possess solid knowledge of California and Arizona Wage and Hour laws; federal and state laws relating to employee rights and employer responsibilities including the National Labor Relations Act, the California Agricultural Labor Relations Act
- Bi-lingual and bi-literate in English/Spanish and prior experience working in a bilingual, bi-cultural environment is required
- Ability to travel to remote company locations, including the following areas: Salinas, Coachella, Huron, CA and Yuma, AZ as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other computer software programs.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Valid class C California driver’s license is required.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.