ABOUT THIS EMPLOYER
Third generation family owned company, successful and well established grower/shipper/packer headquartered in the Salinas Valley, California. Sustainable and diversified farming operation growing in various regions in California and Arizona.
SUMMARY: The Accounting and Business Director manages and coordinates accounting/finance department and team, office operations and business activities. This is a full-time (direct hire) career opportunity offering a competitive salary and a full-line of benefits including health, dental & vision insurance, retirement and paid time off.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manages and organizes office operations and procedures including but not limited to payroll, grower accounting, A/P & A/R, cost accounting, filing systems, supplies, and staffing.
- Hires, trains, cross-trains, supervises, motivates, and develops all office staff; manages schedules and workflow. Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance while identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs cost accounting
- Invoices and enters monthly overheads. Audits cost centers and generates cost reports.
- Generates monthly/weekly management overhead & cost reports.
- Oversees outbound payments and adjusts GL as needed.
- Manages central filing system including archives and vendor files and implement and maintain seed inventory program.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
- Company liaison for liability insurance.
- Maintains office equipment and all software programs; negotiates and monitors purchase and lease contracts. Software annual updates and monthly maintenance program (reorganize databases), activate/deactivate cost centers, group cost centers and area overhead ratios, etc….
- Maintains company licenses.
- Maintains lease payment schedule spreadsheet and ensures timely payment of rents.
- Ensures compliance and accuracy with statutory payroll and property tax payments; maintain APN spreadsheet.
- Oversees company office/electronic equipment issued to employees (laptop/cell / etc).
- Manages office petty cash fund and reimbursement procedures.
- Special projects and any other duties as assigned by manager.
- Supervises clerical/office and accounting staff.
Ideal candidate will be able to perform the above-noted list of responsibilities successfully as well as have the following education, experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Five years related management experience.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on Microsift Office programs
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Office - 40 hour work week, Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm (or more as necessary).
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.