Are you considering starting out the year 2020 with a new career adventure? Are you a seasoned professional with experience with OSHA, DOT, compliance and Worker's Compensation? On behalf of a global distributor of fresh produce and grower/shipper/packer based in Salinas, CA, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Environmental, Safety and Health Coordinator. This position will be based out of Salinas, CA and will be required to travel to various growing regions in California and Arizona as needed and according to growing seasons. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity with an employer who offers a great working environment, growth potential and a robust benefits package including an attractive retirement plan in addition to health, dental, vision insurance and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily activities regarding injury management and workers compensation issues. Compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. Review injury and property damage reports. Responsible for the overall administration of workers' compensation program.
- Perform job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and institute safe work procedures. Conduct daily safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions. Maintain all site required documentation related to safety issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs. Conduct accident investigations and facilitate the return to work program. Direct environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, water pollution control, and community right-to-know programs.
- Manage daily activities regarding injury management and workers compensation issues. Compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. Review injury and property damage reports.
- Maintain and update company policies regarding cold storage and anhydrous ammonia refrigeration safety program. Work with refrigeration contractor to coordinate company training sessions and maintain updated safety training and inspection logs.
- Oversee and participate in developing, implementing and evaluating plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives, and work standards. Coordinate all safety issues within the entire facility to ensure optimal facility service and productivity.
- Responsible for record keeping and compliance for all Federal, State, Local, legal and company related procedures, as well as implementation as required. Comfortable with SOP’s and auditing as needed.
- Partner with Sr. HR Director and Staff to improve employee relations in regards to safety
- Review and update all required postings and OSHA standards.
- Maintain a presence at field locations to review activities and provide all employees with an opportunity to discuss any matter relating to safety
- Routinely inspect all equipment and vehicles for general safety conditions.
- Meet injured employees at doctor or hospital, assist with necessary paperwork, and make appropriate reports. Follow up with employees until case is closed and they return to work.
- May be required to perform additional tasks not listed here that are within reasonable abilities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, previous experience in agriculture, and a goal-oriented personality to keep all in compliance and as safe as possible. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above successfully. Additionally, will possess the following skills, training, and/or education. A combination of same may be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active certified safety designation highly desired.
- Experience in agriculture preferred.
- Verbal and written competence to communicate effectively and efficiently is essential.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Cal-Osha, DOT regulations and legal documents.
- Capable to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, or employees.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Strong attention to detail skills is critical.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Valid California Driver’s License is a requirement.
- Must be able to participate in all training exercises needed to perform job satisfactorily.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.