Terrific career opportunity for HR support to the Director of Human Resources role with a premier grower/shipper/packer of fresh produce based in Salinas, CA. Summary: The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves and provides assistance with any employee related needs and questions. Promotes positive engagement to maintain good employee relations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. Although based in Salinas, CA, Coordinator will be required to travel to various growing regions in California and Arizona according to business needs.
This is a full-time (direct hire) position offering a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, vision insurance for employee and dependents as well as a 401K with employer match, paid vacation and more! Terrific work environment with exciting professional growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the onboarding of new employees. Providing all new hire paperwork and information to new employees in all business locations.
- Provides to new and current employees health and welfare plans information, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manages daily activities regarding injury management and workers compensation issues.
- Reviews injury and property damage reports. Responsible for the overall administration of workers' compensation program.
- When visiting company sites, performs job site analysis, determines employee exposure, and institutes safe practices.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to safety issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs. Conducts accident investigations and facilitate the return to work program.
- Follows up on employee complaints and performs investigations with objectiveness and impartiality.
- Daily activities regarding injury management and workers compensation issues. Prepares comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Performs training sessions for all compliance related subjects as well as and safety training required trainings.
- Partners with Sr. HR Director and staff to improve employee relations and safety.
- Maintains a presence at field locations to review activities and provide all employees with an opportunity to discuss any subjects including safety
- Meets injured employees at doctor or hospital, assist with necessary paperwork, and make appropriate reports. Follow up with employees until case is closed and they return to work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, and strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Must have excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Employee Handbook.
- Must be punctual and proactive in getting necessary work done.
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance with flexible schedule.
- Must understand the need to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Work closely with labor contractors, vendors, customers and staff in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR Certificate preferred.
- Bilingual (English –Spanish) Required.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.