GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Communicate with DOCE customers who have exceeded their approved credit limits with DOCE and to inform management of any issues delaying payment. Monitor North America account receivables ledger. This position also obtains all credit applications and performs the appropriate credit research in order to present the application folders to senior management in our monthly credit meetings.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
A/R Collection (Ocean Freight A/R and 3rd Party A/R)
- Contact delinquent accounts via follow up calls, emails, faxed statements.
- Prepare / submit weekly statements / invoices for high profile customers and others as requested
- Resolve any rate issues with the customers resulting in balance due
- Researching incoming wire transfers to determine where funds should be applied.
- Document information into excel spreadsheet for monthly AR management meeting
- Document A/R adjustments and write offs into excel spreadsheet
- Research open credits in A/R and instruct customers to deduct
- Prepare daily receipt logs for North American and Foreign funds received (wires and checks)
- Generate a weekly North American A/R excel report by customer reflecting the A/R balances grouped by age categories for each customer.
- Set up credit folders and update them as additional information is received
- Maintain credit application files by customer
- Perform Dunn and Bradstreet and Blue Book credit verifications on all new applications
- Contact all references listed on credit applications and follow up as needed
- Prepare report for monthly credit meeting with management
- Email letters to applicants confirming details of approved credit
- Verify and process all paper work for customer refunds and present to financial manager for payment
- One every two weeks preparing check run for Brokerage commission payments.
- Backup responsibilities in the accounting department when need arises
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- 2 – 3 years of credit and collections related experience (Accounting background)
- Experience in accounts receivable collections for a corporation
- Proficient of PC applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi- tasks
- Proficiency with AS-400 Systems
- Knowledge of credit terms and ratings.
- Ability to communicate with customers and resolve conflict.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Other duties as assigned
- Functional Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Internal: Ability to interact within Dole departments.
- External: Ability to interact with other Dole divisions, customers, carriers and credit reporting agencies.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School diploma
- Some Business Administration/ Accounting/Collections courses or seminars a plus
- Able to function in an industrial environment, including the ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to answer phones and utilize a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. and reach overhead.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- This is a 24/7 operation; Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5, including but not limited to overtime, may be required.
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability