The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests. By bringing diverse allies together we are making deep-rooted change on some of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people mitigate and adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
Our alliance needs you, whoever you are and wherever you stand. By joining forces with producers, businesses and consumers, we can transform our relationship with the land and forests we rely on. We can make that relationship work better for all.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Accountant - AP assists in the day-to-day operations of accounts payable and supports the work of the department by: working closely their supervisor on issues affecting payment processing, following and helping others follow F&A policies and procedures related to AP and procurement, meeting all organizational and departmental deadlines, and pro-actively ensuring the integrity of financial data in his/her area(s) of responsibility.
- Works with supervisor to support the work of the department by: following and helping others follow F&A policies and procedures, meeting all organizational and departmental deadlines, and pro-actively ensuring the integrity of financial data in his/her area(s) of responsibility;
- Assists in preparing and monitoring AP Aging report, reconcile to GL and suggest course of action for old invoices and following up with requestors and supervisor;
- Assists in preparation of annual required filings for vendors (as applicable);
- Maintains an organized and logical filing system for vendor supporting documentation;
- Assists in reviewing T&E submissions regularly for supervisor review/posting to the accounting system and providing assistance for corporate card T&E review as needed;
- Monitors daily cash balance with supervisor and prepare packages for payment release by supervisor, Controller or Global Director of Accounting;
- Assists supervisor and Controller in his/her HQ on the month/year-end closes, annual audits, tax filings, and other duties as requested;
- Assists and prepares RA, Inc bank reconciliations;
- Assists other Accountants tasks as needed;
- And Special Projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 1-2 years relevant experience; non-profit sector experience a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting system software and expertise in Excel;
- Language skills (in addition to English) a plus;
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to multi-task, work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly deadline-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online here. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.