Welcome Summer with New Opportunities!
On behalf of exciting agricultural producer and global distributor of fresh vegetables and leafy greens, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the full-time (direct hire) position of Accounting Associate or Junior Accountant (DOE). This client and employer is based out of Salinas, California and is adding to their Accounting team. In addition to a competitive salary, the compensation package also includes a 401K with employer match and employer paid health, dental and vision insurance for both employee and dependents, paid vacation, and more!
Reporting to the Controller, this role provides general accounting/finance support to the Company. This position serves as a liaison between external warehouse locations and growers and the accounting department, communicating transactions daily. Additionally, this person will manage various parts of the inventory and grower accounting systems for receiving and reconciliation as it relates to accounting.
Role - Responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily reconciliation of prior business days’ warehouse transactions. Verify for validity and research discrepancies.
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies, per warehouse physical counts.
- Research and correct customer-reported mis-shipments.
- Retain warehouse receiving and shipping documents electronically.
- Communicate daily reporting of receiving records to external vendors/growers.
- Communicate and reconcile daily reporting of product weights to external vendors/growers.
- Reconcile pooled tote and pallet programs. Ensure accurate and timely reporting to vendor.
- Reconcile daily packing transactions with processing facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education Requirements and Preferred Skills (a combination of the following skills, education and experience may be considered):
- Associate’s Degree in business administration or related field, or relevant education, a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Three to four years prior accounting experience in an agricultural environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel) and other computer software programs as needed. Famous Software a plus. Advanced Excel highly desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Team oriented with an ability to work well with others.
- A solid work ethic.
- Attention to detail is critical.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially to email@example.com. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.