This employer’s Finance and Accounting team is made up of diversely intelligent and authentic individuals who are excited by the opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis market from within the finance and accounting department. As the leader of this team, you’ll demonstrate your advanced knowledge of accounting principles and processes with a goal to ensure accurate and timely financial records and financial reports. This dynamic and developing market presents daily challenges, all of which will require your resourcefulness and innovation to efficiently resolve. Whether the accounting task requires great attention to detail, proactive communication, organization or dedication to meet deadlines, you’ll work autonomously and collaboratively to support most aspects of accounting management in a cost and time efficient manner.
As a Senior Staff Accountant/Accounting Manager, you will primarily be responsible for overseeing the finance and accounting team to accomplish the preparation of month end close with accurate and timely financial reporting that meet GAAP, 280e and other applicable guidelines and requirements. You will play a key role in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices as well as identifying and preventing discrepancies. This is a great full-time opportunity for someone looking to advance their accounting career in a dynamic, rapidly developing start up! A competitive salary and benefits package is being offered along with the prospect to work with an exciting pioneer in an emerging industry. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work closely with the CFO to support the core aspects of finance and accounting including overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Bank Reconciliations, Cost Accounting, Inter-Company transactions, Weekly KPI reporting for management, Tax Filings, Month End Close, Monthly GAAP financial reporting and General Ledger maintenance
- Maintain the integrity of accounting information in QuickBooks Enterprises; review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Understand and explain complex transactions and compose Journal Entries to capture transaction detail in compliance with 280e and GAAP.
- Work closely with the CFO to support and participate in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices; identify and recommend opportunities to improve current systems and procedures.
- Support and participate in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including, financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and other ad hoc reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Manage journal entries, inter-company transactions, work in process and/or clearing accounts, invoices and reconcile accounts for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Lead the preparation and completion of quarterly and annual audits
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and 280(e) regulations
- Demonstrate solid understanding of debits and credits
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Demonstrate solid understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Demonstrate ability to analyze financial situations, put in a framework and solve for solutions and answers with a methodical systematic approach
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, education and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related subject
- Four years minimum of accounting experience
- Two years management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel), Google Suites and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprises preferred
- Well-organized with ability to appropriately prioritize
- Professional and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- High degree of accuracy and accountability for results
- Ability to work well under stress and in a fast paced start up environment
- Ability to help manage a diverse accounting team, appropriately delegating tasks and training staff to meet department needs
- Dedication to meeting deadlines and putting in extra time when necessary
- Authenticity- You must care about the people with whom you work and the communities in which we live. Clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness- Individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation- Individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.