Seeking dynamic experienced accounting professionals for the position of Accounting Manager with a leading diversified fresh vegetable producer and global distributor with corporate headquarters in Salinas, CA. This position is full-time (direct hire) and is eligible for excellent benefits including 401K with employer match, paid vacation/PTO, health, dental & vision insurance (100% employer paid for employee and dependents) plus a fantastic work environment.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager serves as a proactive business partner to the management team. The Accounting Manager leads and makes recommendations on accounting department issues, both proactively and as they arise. This position is responsible for managing the planning, further development, implementation and administration of the accounting department policies in collaboration with senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities (to include but are not limited to):
- Ensure timely, accurate and useful financial reporting for management and external party review.
- Support all aspects of the financial statement preparation, including month-end closing, inventory reconciliation, journal entries, accruals, accounts payable/accounts receivable.
- Manage, engage, and coach a team of accounting personnel
- Management tasks, include: hiring, performance reviews, managing vacation/time off requests, monitoring daily schedule, effectively addressing personnel and HR issues as they arise.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team, participating in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for understanding critical business issues as they arise.
- Responsible for government reporting related to association assessments and IRS guidelines.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems.
- Analyze and report operations results, and assist in special projects, for all departments, as needed.
- Implement and participate in IT portion of accounting and software initiatives.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above described role successfully as well as have the following skills, experience and education (not all or a combination of these may be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, required. CPA and/or Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven management experience in accounting.
- Must be an effective hands-on manager and team player capable of resolving organizational, training, communication, and interpersonal problems that may arise.
- Must possess solid knowledge of US GAAP, particularly revenue recognition, and other accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer software programs as needed. Knowledge of Famous software preferred by not a requirement.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions in current challenges.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, and motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Ability to work in a high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.