CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position is responsible for managing the onsite finance department including developing an accounting staff and serving as a leader of finance change management initiatives. The role will report to the site General Manager while also serving as a liaison between the site and the company CFO.
In this position, you will:
- Maintain a strong working relationship with company administrative support and the site
- Manage all areas related to accounting and finance in the packing and farming operation
- Manage the packing operation monthly close process and provide oversight to the farming operation monthly close process
- Evaluate current accounting procedures and execute new efficiencies as needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of GAAP and company accounting policies
- Analyze the packing operation and develop KPI’s to enhance visibility and drive results
- Manage adequate controls over accounting transactions to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements
- Administer the A/P and A/R functions for the packing and farming operations
- Complete adhoc financial projects and analytic requests for the management teams
- Provide daily financial direction and attend site management meetings to assist in operational strategies and decision making
- Analyze all operational costs for the life of the product from the farm to sales on a detailed level
- Direct system updates, external audit requests, and other initiatives
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience in the public, corporate, manufacturing, or agriculture fields
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Office and accounting systems
- Strong oral and written communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- CPA/CMA certification or an MBA is preferred but not required
- Previous experience in leading a team or management
Compensation and Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options
CSS Farms is an EOE