SUMMARY: Established major grower/shipper/packer headquartered in Salinas Valley, CA is adding to their Facilities and Maintenance Department. This employer’s expansive facility is a hub of ‘fresh’ activity for customers both domestically and internationally. The consolidation and cross dock services aim to ensure optimal freshness and efficiency to better serve valued customers. On this client’s behalf, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration. In summary the position, Facilities – Assistant Supervisor - will be responsible for maintenance of the Salinas, CA facilities, including several types of produce coolers and a large cold box, while taking direction from the Facilities Director and/or Facilities Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Report issues with electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment to the Facilities Director and Facilities Supervisor.
- Maintain the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Notify the Facilities Director and Facilities Supervisor of issues with the safety of the buildings from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Coordinate with other departments for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team under the guidance of the Facilities Director and Facilities Supervisor.
- Assist with HACCP/OSHA compliance, RMP (refrigeration system) under the guidance of the Facility Program Supervisor.
- Provide quality service to end users in needs analysis, solution recommendation, vendor selection, implementation, training and post-installation support with direction from the Facilities Director and/or Facilities Supervisor.
- Respond to alarms at the facilities 24/7 (water, fire, refrigeration, power) when notified by the Facilities Director.
- Monitor output of solar panels to ensure top production. Maintain solar panels including all repairs, cleanliness of panels and the solar field. Interact with Cal Com and Net Tracker.
- Assist and help monitor all facility landscaping
- Help coordinate daily/yearly maintenance in the Icehouse and Icing Equipment
- Coordinate weekly tailgates, update maintenance staff of new rules and regulations
- Monitor and update all log checklists, facility logs, forklift logs, defibrillator logs, and eyewash stations.
- Maintain logs and ammonia refrigeration logs.
- Help with miscellaneous maintenance duties throughout the main office and facility.
Ideal candidate requires strong math comprehension, analytical, organizational and decision making skills. Bilingual, English/Spanish, is a plus, but not mandatory. Will have the following skills, training and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Basic knowledge of electrical
- Knowledge of refrigeration/evaporation – REQUIRED
- Knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems - REQUIRED
- Basic mechanical skills
- Cooling procedures/Vacuum/Tunnel Cooling knowledge
- Technical training and/or Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Experience supervising hourly employees, union experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
- Excellent technical writing or documentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop products
- Solid problem solving skills with a methodical approach
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures quickly (adapt)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- An organized team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure while managing multiple tasks
- Work schedule may include occasional long hours including weekends and some holidays.
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to climb stairs
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.