On behalf of our client, a cannabis advocate and entrepreneur, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Accounting Manager (DOE). This innovative producer is committed to showcasing unique varieties that are proprietary and foundational to cannabis culture and history. This employer has over 500,000 sq ft of commercial light assisted and environmentally controlled greenhouse space positioned perfectly to bring high quality greenhouse flower to the recreational and medical market. This is a full-time (direct hire) opportunity eligible for a competitive salary and benefits.
Controller will be responsible for managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting, managing the organization's cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. The company currently has several vertically integrated companies which are functioning semi-independently.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare daily bank deposits ensuring credit to proper bank account and correct GL coding
- Maintain and record cash and general ledger transactions for all trusts ensuring proper entity flow through
- Monthly closings in various modules of company financial systems according to company procedures and deadlines
- Organize and monitor the performance of all tasks associated with the general ledger including monthly journal entries, monthly closing entries, and reconciling of all required balance sheet accounts with required work papers to ensure that the company’s accounting practices are being maintained according to company objectives, GAAP and federal and state regulations
- Prepare, reconcile and organize annual financial reviews, including supporting subsidiary schedules, of each company by January 31st of each year
- Maintain charts of accounts, sub-accounts, projects and task structures according to company policies to ensure proper identification of the nature of expenses in their proper area
- Organize and monitor the preparation, verification and control of financial statements according to GAAP and to company deadlines
- Timely review and approve transaction related to payroll/W2s, accounts payable/1099s, accounts receivable, workers comp reporting
- Monitor performance of bookkeeping staff. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling to staff as needed. Complete staff performance appraisals
- Recommend organizational structure, objectives and staffing requirements
- Assist in the selection of qualified personnel. Provide and ensure effective on-the-job training. Identify training and development needs and make recommendations
- Assure that staff duties, responsibilities, and authority are clearly defined and effectively communicated
Ideal Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA is a plus
- Minimum seven years general accounting experience including responsibilities for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger maintenance & reconciliation, and financial statement preparation
- Minimum five years supervisory experience of employees performing related accounting functions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding technical knowledge of accounting (i.e., GAAP), SEC rules and requirements, classification of accounts and transactions
- Hands-on experience in managing accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close and preparation of financial statements
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP/general ledger systems
- Track record of driving organizational change and improving function
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: the ability to build and maintain relationships in a dynamic environment, inspire and cultivate teamwork, ‘lead from behind’
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-company, large volume environment meeting specific deadlines and timetables
Job Setting & Physical Demands
Employees in this position work primarily indoors but may be required to ambulate between locations within a large outdoor environment. To perform the job successfully be able to use a computer and other standard office equipment. Fluency in the English language and the ability to see, speak, hear, read, and write are required. The ability to travel by all means of transportation and to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business needs is required.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.