Excellent opportunity to join established and highly respected viticulture operation in Salinas Valley, California as its Controller. On behalf of this client and employer, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for this senior accounting position. Company is growing and so is their need for additional management and financial talent. This is a full time role reporting to the CFO and owner offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Direct hire.
Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial result, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures accounts payables are paid timely, accounts receivable are collected promptly, payroll is processed timely.
- Completes bank reconciliations
- Maintains chart of accounts
- Maintains an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintains a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issues timely and complete Financial Statements.
- Coordinates the preparation of Annual Report
- Manages the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculates variances from the budget and reports significant issues to management.
- Provides financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skill and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to gather and convey information effectively.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and delegate responsibilities for business efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related major. Masters a plus.
- Minimum five years accounting business experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of agriculture business and business management principals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed or required by employee in this position. This is not intended to be a specific list of all responsibilities or qualifications.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.