A qualified and capable individual who works on financial accounting. A successful senior accountant who combines excellent analytical skills with thorough knowledge of accounting principles. The ideal candidate is adept at managing a team of accountants to provide financial and accounting support to executives and department heads who establish goals and budgets for the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Five+ years’ experience in a responsible accounting position
- In-depth understanding of GAAP
- Experience in general ledger functions and month/year-end close process.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office. FAMOUS software a plus.
- A problem-solving, continuous improvement mindset with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented, deadline driven
ABOUT THE ROLE
This full-time position reports directly to the Controller and offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental & vision insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid vacation and more. Terrific opportunity for senior-level accountant with strong work history. Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Manage month-end close and financial statement preparation process, including performing balance sheet reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline month-end close through reporting cycle with automation and reduce manual processing.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Perform all accounting and general ledger functions.
- Assist in maintaining company records for all company assets.
- Collaborate with Grower Accounting with daily and monthly inventory transactions.
- Support Controller with analysis and business performance reporting as requested.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to correct errors and ensure accurate financial postings.
- Manage documentation of accounting policies and development of internal control procedures.
- Develop reporting and financial data analysis.
- Combine GAAP accounting knowledge, operational experience, and critical thinking to collect and analyze data about the company’s operating costs.
- Provide input for process improvement for company accounting and FAMOUS system.
- Identify inefficiencies and cost-saving opportunities.
- Prepare reports to plants and senior management to maximize efficiency and profitability.
Reporting and Other Responsibilities
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.