SunFed Produce, headquartered in the high desert of southern Arizona near Nogales, is a fresh produce company with a passion for providing the highest quality fruits and vegetables, produced by the world’s finest growers. This passion and our commitment to developing FRESH INNOVATIONS have earned us a reputation for providing fruits and vegetables with extended freshness and consistent flavors, textures and colors.
We have an immediate need for a full time, experienced Director of Finance. This individual will report directly to the President, and will provide financial oversight for the company. Competitive salary and benefits will be provided. Relocation assistance available.
The Director will have responsibility for:
- Maintaining financial reporting systems and controls.
- Guiding financial operations, debt levels, budgeting, capital expenditures, taxes, etc. to meet business objectives.
- Providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Providing technical financial advice and knowledge to department heads.
- Maintaining a cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Advising, from the financial perspective, on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- Managing company risk to include identifying insurance coverages needed, and negotiating packages with brokers.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure accurate and timely month, quarter and year end closes and reporting of monthly financial information and analytics.
- Manage the general ledger.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or directly related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of related experience.
- Experience doing business in Mexico preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish (written and spoken)
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer.