Do you have at least 5 years’ of people management experience? Do you know how bulk fertilizer, chemical, and seed are stored, transported, handled, and applied? Do you have a track record in defining processes efficiencies? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The District Operations Manager (DOM) is a key influencer at the location level to ensure the safe and efficient execution of all operational activities for the locations within their assigned district in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
The DOM will be held accountable to:
- Establish a culture of safety and compliance that features respect for fellow employees, the public, and the environment.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and internal customers, ensuring each location operates efficiently and effectively in support of both the sales team and our customers.
- Execution of operational actives that include: JDE practices and procedures, EHS programs, DOT, forecasting tools, location assets, warehouse development, inventory control, product warehousing, product distribution, location production (fertilizer, manufacturing).
- Build and maintain key relationships that include but are not limited to EHSS, DOT and fleet, Finance, Purchasing, Aerial, Manufacturing, Facilities, Distribution and Logistics, ABS and Sales management.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Deep understanding of operations and operational scheduling
- Working knowledge of farm activities and ag inputs supply and utilization
- Specific knowledge of how bulk fertilizer, chemical, and seed are stored, transported, handled, and applied.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate direction and strategy to a diverse team
- Strong customer centric service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to champion and comply with safety and regulatory requirements
- Data analytics experience preferred
- Track record in defining processes efficiencies
- Prior people management experience; minimum of 5 years
- Ability to travel; up to 50%
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Aligns to company core values Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability and Service.
- A passion for safety, both in action and thought.
- Ability to develop collaborative teams have demonstrate leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Commitment to performance development of team members
- Skill in managing multiple projects and facilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to provide good direction and delegation to department managers and supervisors
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Set location goals and objectives that are aligned with the Region and district strategic plan
- Promote safety culture while aligning with internal corporate social responsibility criteria.
- Lead the annual operating budget process with collaboration from Sales Department, including capital expense requests. Manage to plan.
- Provide direct oversight support for the Director of Field Operations.
- As part of an overall performance management plan, provide daily direction, coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Maintain accurate job descriptions for facility roles
- Establish annual goals for all direct reports
- Ensure training needs for operational personnel are identified and scheduled
- Conduct annual employee performance assessments of direct reports
- Recruit and hire new employees as required
- Serve as the district interface for EHSS Regional Representatives, including resolving issues with appropriate EHSS central services area
- Provide clarity and set expectations for EHSS efforts and the safety committee at each location
- Serve as the district interface for transportation and logistics issues
- Manage expenses on rolling stock, spreader repair and all location equipment
- Ensure manufacturing/blending is coordinated with territory sales needs and in compliance with all regulatory agencies and industry standards.
- Represent assigned locations needs and requirements to Fertilizer, P3, and Seed Managers
- Provide tactical supply chain sourcing, including Fertilizer, CPP and Seed
- Ensure appropriate inventory controls are in place and cycle counts
- Ensure timely transaction processes and related goals are met.
- Ensure process execution across all operational functions to attain Operational Excellence, including asset management, agronomy risk prevention and property, plant and equipment oversight.
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health, retirement benefit offerings including a company vehicle
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Agriculture Ag Agribusiness Location Manager Sales Marketing Ag Chemicals Idaho Twin Falls Boise Agriculture Ag Agribusiness Location Manager Sales Marketing Ag Chemicals Idaho Twin Falls Boise Agriculture Ag Agribusiness Location Manager Sales Marketing Ag Chemicals Idaho Twin Falls Boise Agriculture Ag Agribusiness Location Manager Sales Marketing Ag Chemicals Idaho Twin Falls Boise Agriculture Ag Agribusiness Location Manager Sales Marketing Ag Chemicals Idaho