On behalf of third generation family owned vegetable grower, processor and innovator, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Facilities and Sr. Maintenance Manager. This position oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, ammonia, steam, waste management and water treatment ponds. Will be responsible for managing department budget and approving contracts. Facilities Manager will oversee contractors who support the facility and will ensure services are delivered on target and/or within timeframe.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a highly respected diversified company with an exciting future in the rapidly expanding food industry. Full-time, salaried with excellent benefits (401K, PTO, health, dental, vision and life insurance). This is a direct hire opportunity. Based in Hollister, California reporting to Director of Operations.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of building systems including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
- Ammonia systems management. CARO/CIRO
- Cleaning, sanitation, and janitorial services
- Grounds keeping and landscaping
- Arrange for purchase or rental of necessary materials, tools and equipment for facilities projects
- Manage recycling programs which include cardboard removal
- Will oversee and manage all facilities team, supervisor and facilities staff, and will work collaboratively with Human Resources on hiring process, staff development and disciplinary matters
- Develop LOTO procedures when needed through Brady Link360
- Ensure all facilities staff are trained in the proper use of necessary tools and equipment, including operation of forklift, man lift, and other industrial equipment and will be responsible for ensuring all facilities staff are trained in awareness of food safety rules, official procedures for handling products including compliance with OSHA safety regulations and health rules
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, education and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering or related subject
- *Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in a facilities management or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10+ years in construction or facilities maintenance experience a plus.
- Experience with Ammonia – CARO/CIRO helpful
- Well versed with boilers and steam
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, follow leadership direction, execute while effectively meeting targets within deadlines in addition to leading the facilities team through considerable change by inspiring confidence and achieving results
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively when faced with difficult and complex issues
- Bilingual/Bi-literate in English and Spanish highly desirable
Physical Requirements: Lifting, Carrying, 50 lb. lift minimum as required
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.