As a front office representative, you will be the first point of contact for this company and its face on and off the phone. On behalf of this highly respected and established agriculture multi-faceted grower/shipper/packer based in Salinas, CA, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Receptionist/Human Resources Clerk. This is a full-time opportunity with a wonderful employer offering a competitive wage and full list of benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and 401K.
Duties include offering clerical, payroll and HR support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls, maintain supplies and assist with data. To be successful, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You will be able to deal with a variety of interruptions in a calm, timely and effective manner, while streamlining clerical responsibilities. Multitasking and time management skills are essential for this position. Ultimately, the duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all human resources and clerical tasks to the highest quality standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office and other department supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, data entry, and faxing as needed.
- Provide support to HR, payroll and other departments as needed.
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and/or abilities (a combination of same may be considered):
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Some experience assisting with Human Resources and/or Payroll, a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Famous software helpful but not a requirement
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent customer service attitude
- High school degree. Associates degree a plus.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.