On behalf of our client, a fast growing operation in the fresh produce industry, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Grower Accountant. This client will be adding to their Salinas, CA team and are interested in those who will be dependable, detail oriented, self-motivated and willing to drive continual process improvement to grower accounting efforts of the organization. Key responsibilities will support harvest operations and grower accounting. This is a direct hire, full-time position eligible for benefits (not temporary or seasonal).
Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Enter grower deals in system from contract number, terms, plantings, contract rates, etc.
• Responsible for the daily reconciliation of receiving report to external grower document for product packed or shipped to warehouse
• Ensure weekly pick and pack calculations are correct and paid to the growers based on the expected pay date
• Reconcile the grower statements to the internal financials for accuracy on the grower proceeds/payables and if applicable, joint venture growing costs.
• Reconcile Crop in Ground for all growers and commodities. Ensure the proper amortization of such costs to the P&L.
• Work closely with the Operations group to improve operational and/or grower accounting processes.
• Develop monthly management reports to identify profitability by commodity by grower by deal type for Senior Management
* Communicate effectively with quality control, accounting, and production staff as needed
* Perform special projects and assignments as directed
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above-stated responsibilities as well as possess the following skills, education and/or experience (a combination of same may be considered);
• Degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant major a plus or a combination of education and relevant work experience
• Experience/employment history in agricultural accounting
• Two to three years grower accounting experience. Cost accounting experience, a plus.
• Experience in Famous software preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Highly organized and ability to meet tight deadlines with little or no supervision
• Attention to detail with accuracy
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but is not a requirement
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to Careers@ProJobs4u.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation or target salary/wage in body of e-mail when submitting. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission.
We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.