I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Herb & Specialty Vegetable Production Manager will evaluate, plan, organize, and manage the herb program. The manager will provide leadership and coordination of general farming administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of our continued development. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Budget and manage the herb program to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities as well as assist with strategic and operational planning;
- Direct all activities necessary to operate and support the herb program at maximum efficiencies which includes, planting, irrigation, application/pest management, harvest and post-harvest;
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality of the crop and contributes towards profitability and growth of the company;
- Drives a Food Safety & Quality culture within the business;
- Responsible for achieving, sustaining, and continuously improving product quality & quality systems, personnel safety, food safety, personnel development, and financial results;
- All other duties as assigned.
I. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the farm manager will work in office, shop, and farm areas. The farm manager frequently is required to stand for an extended period of time, walk and sit and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental exposure is seasonal outdoor temperature.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in some sort of agriculture field of study such as soil science, plant science, agronomy or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of Herb experience preferred and/or Organic Vegetable with planning, farming, harvesting, post-harvest and crop management;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Knowledge of pest management practices including disease and insect identification;
- An understanding of moisture levels for proper watering and fertilizing techniques;
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality;
- Ability to effectively positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and ability to travel up to 30% of the time to satellite locations.
Duncan Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer.
***Please send all resumes to, email@example.com***