Exciting growth oriented food industry employer is adding to their talented Human Resources team! Up and coming assertive HR professionals, don’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to be considered. Depending on your skills and experience, there may be numerous opportunities to join this Central Coast employer. Full-time (direct hire) and eligible for range of benefits. Headquartered in Salinas, CA.
We are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the following position (see application instructions below):
HR Special Projects position is responsible for creating, updating and/or modifying highly-confidential special projects. Position will conduct analysis and report back any findings in a business professional manner. High knowledge of Microsoft Excel and business writing are a must.
- Designs, develops and supports reporting tools that utilize advance features in MS Excel.
- Helps maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Assists with development / updates needed for job descriptions
- Participates in recruitment efforts for non-exempt and exempt personnel; helps coordinate the use of temporary employees
- Assists department in communicating and implementing various human resource programs and procedures for all company employees
- Conducts new-employee orientations and administers pre-employment tests
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be a specific list of all responsibilities.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above-noted responsibilities successfully as well as have the following skills education and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University and one to three years related experience and/or training in the fresh produce industry.
- Certification in HR (SPHR, PHR or HRPA) a plus
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel (advanced), and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong business writing skills
- Perform computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly; solve practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical techniques such as formulas and percentages.
- Understand how to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to be work with highly confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
Additionally must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have excellent time management skills, be self-motivated, possess an attention for detail and accuracy, have the ability to multitask with great organizational skills, and have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Work in a respectful and professional manner with all levels of employees.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Work onsite and meet position’s attendance schedule, as required by the job.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Efficiently present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, clients and customers of the organization.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
~ ~ ~
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.