Do you possess at least five years of Human Resource experience? Can you demonstrate strong consultancy skills to advise management in the development of HR strategies? Do you have the ability to provide both strategic and tactical oversight of HR activities? Are you an effective communicator with a strong ability to listen and draw keen insights out of a conversation? If you thrive in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to play a critical role in partnering with our business leaders to achieve the Agribusiness Division’s strategic objectives. A key activity of this position is to identify and maximize the talents of all our employees to achieve continued business success. With an emphasis on talent management and goals of outstanding recruitment and strong retention, the HR Business Partner will be a key driver in delivering the right people with the right skills necessary for the business. These areas of concentration and accompanying activities will also provide critical data that feeds directly into workforce demand planning and succession planning. This role will serve as a liaison with Corporate Human Resources functions in representing regional needs.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to provide both strategic and tactical oversight for HR activities
- Strong skill in serving as a consultant to management in the planning and development of HR strategies to support the business needs
- Expertise in adapting human resources best practices and employment law compliance to specific business situations
- Solid presentation skills and high comfort level communicating with multiple levels within the company
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Outstanding ability to listen and draw keen insights into human resource issues
- Solid, centered interpersonal qualities that integrate into a team environment well
- Effective communication skills and a knack for articulating the heart of the issue clearly both verbally and in writing
- Solution and results oriented approach to all situations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Partnering and consulting with management in identifying and creating solutions for all people issues including recruiting, compensation setting, onboarding, employee development and succession planning
- Assisting managers with the development and documentation of employee goals and objectives to support the business and enhance employee development
- Offering individual training and coaching in HR practices and helping managers around compliance including proper documentation, performance improvement plans and progressive discipline
- Assisting managers in the implementation and use of the company’s formal performance development processes
- Identifying training needs and career paths of regional employees and coordinating training resources with Agribusiness Training Team
- Supporting hiring managers to identify recruiting needs
- Working cooperatively with recruiting coordinators and assisting with recruiting needs to ensure open positions are posted and filled in a timely manner with outstanding candidates
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are an internal Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for any position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.