Human Resources Professionals! On behalf of its client, AGFORCE is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Vice President, Human Resources. This opportunity is with one of the leading and highly respected companies serving the agriculture industry headquartered in Salinas, CA. This is a full-time direct hire position eligible for a top-of-the-line compensation package!
Summary: Under minimal supervision from the GM/COO and Chief Financial Officer, performs varied human resources, compliance, and project management functions. Will supervise and direct daily operations within the human resources functions. Day to day activities require the use of initiative and judgment, particularly when prioritizing work or working with multiple managers. Some travel to various growing regions throughout the year required. Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish language skill required.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work closely and communicate well with management team.
- Supervise clerical staff performing general human resource functions.
- Review the progress of work of the Safety Team and HR generalists' functions. Ensure that staff questions have been answered, decisions have been acted upon and problems have been resolved. Ensure proper distribution of assignments and responsibilities.
- Support strategic operational hiring decisions, recruitments, and terminations to ensure effectiveness throughout all operations.
- Review, maintain, and if needed create job descriptions throughout the departments.
- Develop and maintain documentation to ensure ongoing knowledge and transfer of knowledge of all business-critical operations applications and processes.
- Develop long-term plans and programs for the department and individuals; evaluate work accomplishments.
- Develop and/or update forms to maintain compliance with labor laws (FMLA, applications, evaluation forms, pre-op inspections, etc.).
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Evaluate and revise internal processes and policies to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; develop subordinates’ skills and encourage growth.
- Provide customer service support to external customers and internal customers including foremen and supervisors.
- Function as the Human Resources Department liaison for annual accounting audits and confidential information.
- Prepare the annual EEO-1 report and California Pay Data reports
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, or Human Resource Management and a minimum of 8 years human resources experience in a management role. Masters a plus.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certified, or willing to earn certification.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish) including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to keep skill set current and participate in on-going training and education.
- Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- All pertinent federal and state (California and Arizona) regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- California and federal labor and employment laws.
- Leaves of absence for employees and apply appropriate company, federal, and state requirements.
- Sound techniques in all aspects of personnel and workforce management including various areas of ag operations (i.e., harvest, seasonal labor, union activity, H2A, food manufacturing, etc.) required.
- An understanding of contract language including collective bargaining agreements and benefits.
- Employee compensation.
- General personnel regulations and procedures.
- Good business practices.
- FAMOUS software knowledge helpful.
- Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines and appropriate software such as Windows, Word and Excel.
- Strong computer literacy including a solid knowledge of Microsoft desktop products.
- Correct English and Spanish usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary required.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.