Top of the line fresh food producer and processor is hiring for the position of Electrical Technician (Class A) at their state-of-the-art facility in Hollister, CA. This is an URGENT need and immediate consideration will be given to the qualified candidate. This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive wage and excellent benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and paid holidays.
General Purpose: The position, Sr. Technician, Electrical – Class A, will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all electrical needs within the assigned value added food processing facility in San Benito County, California. This is a professional full-time position eligible for robust benefits plan and a competitive compensation package. On behalf of our client, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
• Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
• Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
• Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
• Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
• Inspects, maintains and repairs high voltage primary and low voltage secondary power distribution systems, sub stations, transformers, circuit breakers, switches, fused disconnects insulators, grounding systems, power poles, above and underground systems, security and street lighting.
• Diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
• Working knowledge of Exterior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Exterior, Perimeter and Area Lighting, Access Control System, Lightning Protection System, Grounding Systems.
• Knowledge of MIL Standards and DOD customers is required. Must have excellent communication skills.
• Experience with generator produced power and switching systems producing greater than 200kv and 5 amps.
• Replacing electrical panels higher than 208 v
• Light supervisory skills
• OSHA and NEC Compliant
• Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Ideal candidate will be able perform installation and modification of electrical components and lines The Technician/Electrician will also assist/supervise the maintenance team on any electrical aspect of the plant or the process including refrigeration. This position will further oversee any contractors onsite related to electricity and ensure safety rules are applied and respected. Additionally, will have the following skills, training and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
• High School Diploma or equivalent, from an accredited institution. Electrical certification a plus.
• Five plus years related work experience, in mechanical and electrical maintenance and/or similar role.
• Prior experience with assembling machinery.
• Excellent knowledge of HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems/functions.
• Excellent electrical, plumbing, general maintenance, troubleshooting/repair skills.
• Ability to drive a light truck and lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
• Must be able to work in a cold environment and be available to perform on site job evaluations.
• Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
• Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
• Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.).
• Valid Driver’s License with clear driving record.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and share your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.