NEW YEAR! NEW CHANCE TO GET IN ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!!
This company’s roots run deep in the soil and is one of the few remaining family-run agricultural businesses in the Salinas Valley. This grower/packer/shipper markets iceberg lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, romaine hearts, leaf lettuces, celery, strawberries and mixed vegetables as well as specializes in servicing client’s needs with special packs, contracts and private labeling. This employer offers a competitive compensation package which includes employer sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, retirement options, and more!
On behalf of this company, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Logistics Specialist/Yard Dispatcher at their Salinas, CA facility. This role is responsible for scheduling the daily allocation of truck drivers per harvest crew supervisor, the movement and inspection of all equipment, and assisting the transportation manager to supervise the truck drivers. This position requires travel with the company from Salinas, CA to Yuma, AZ during the winter growing season. We are accepting resumes for possible hire in March or April of 2023.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow transportation manager’s instructions and arrive to work on time.
- Schedule truck drivers per harvest crew supervisor and dispatch them accordingly.
- Collaborate with harvest supervisors to allow for re-allocation of drivers throughout the day and assist supervisors to dispatch drivers during production hours when needed.
- Ensure each harvest supervisor has the equipment needed for the daily production.
- Organize, schedule & dispatch the movement of all company equipment.
- Inspect fields before moving equipment & resolve issues impeding equipment delivery.
- Supervise the continual movement of truck drivers by proactively resolving delays when possible, assisting truck drivers with issues and re-allocating drivers as needed.
- Communicate truck driver delays and/or issues to the transportation manager & harvest supervisors when necessary.
- Manage the distribution, organization and care of truck driver equipment (cables, tarps, ropes, tie down bars, dollies, v-boards, hitch stands etc.).
- Review, correct, approve, and deliver timecards to transportation manager for final
- Monitor schedules to ensure truck drivers are not working too many or unequal hours.
- Assist transportation manager to recruit, interview and hire truck drivers as needed.
- Instruct & guide drivers to follow company procedures, policies, and DOT regulations.
- Inspect trucks & trailers for safety & mechanical problems & report to transportation manager.
- Assist transportation manager with scheduling DOT inspections & maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain all required certifications and licenses as required by Federal DOT regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety standards, procedures & policies.
- Participate in safety trainings, orientations and all other company meetings as required.
- Report all injuries to supervisor immediately regardless of how slight they might seem.
- Act as a lead for truck drivers and all yard employees.
- Able to write daily reports for transportation manager.
- Valid Commercial driver’s license preferred
- Clean DMV record with pre-employment medical exam required
- A minimum of three years’ experience dispatching the transportation of agricultural products
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a requirement. Must have the ability to speak, read & write enough English to communicate with CHP and scale personnel
- Ability to:
- Instruct drivers to successfully and safely execute their duties
- Manage multiple priorities and adapt to frequent change
- Lift up to 80 pounds
- Walk on uneven ground in field locations
- Climb up and down from trailers and truck cab
- Navigate safe entry into and exit from field roads
- Work flexible and long hours as needed
- Work as a team with transportation manager, carton yard personnel, harvest supervisors, truck drivers, maintenance department, management, and cooler receiving personnel
- Able to work weekends and holidays as needed during peak season (Saturdays are rotated)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excel, Word and Outlook a plus
- Forklift experience a plus. Training will be provided.
Compensation will be based upon experience but employer anticipates pay will be in the range of $65,000 to $75,000+ annually. Negotiable
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.