Purpose: The position, Sr. Technician, Electrical – Class A, will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all electrical needs within the assigned value added food processing facility in Monterey County, California. This is a professional full-time position eligible for robust benefits plan and a competitive compensation package.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
- Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs high voltage primary and low voltage secondary power distribution systems, sub stations, transformers, circuit breakers, switches, fused disconnects insulators, grounding systems, power poles, above and underground systems, security and street lighting.
- Diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Working knowledge of Exterior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Exterior, Perimeter and Area Lighting, Access Control System, Lightning Protection System, Grounding Systems.
- Knowledge of MIL Standards and DOD customers is required. Must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with generator produced power and switching systems producing greater than 200kv and 5 amps.
- Replacing electrical panels higher than 208 v
- Light supervisory skills
- OSHA and NEC Compliant
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Ideal candidate will be able perform installation and modification of electrical components and lines assisted by a maintenance tech. The Sr. Technician/Electrician will also assist/supervise the maintenance team on any electrical aspect of the plant or the process including refrigeration. This position will further oversee any contractors onsite related to electricity and ensure safety rules are applied and respected.
Minimum Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
- Five plus years related work experience, in mechanical maintenance and/or similar role.
- Valid Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Prior experience with assembling machinery.
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems/functions.
- Excellent electrical, plumbing, general maintenance, troubleshooting/repair skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to drive a light truck, lift a minimum of 75 lbs., and work from rooftops 30 feet or higher.
- Must own a set of standard hand tools, be able to work in a cold environment, and be available to perform on site job evaluations.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
Class A - Typically works alone, above intermediate level of electrical troubleshooting and trains/assists junior mechanics with repairs.
Class B - Works with minimal supervision and makes intermediate electrical repairs.
Class C - Works under direct supervision, able to perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs under the supervision of senior level mechanics.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.