AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Manager, Employee Relations to join our team in Hesston, KS. The Manager, Employee Relations will direct, and coordinate the employee relations activities for the AGCO Hesston facility. Responsible for the administration, coordination, and evaluation of specific human resources functional areas and projects and initiatives as assigned. Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to: training; organizational development; recruiting; employee relations; safety team support, policies and procedures administration; new policy and procedure communication and implementation; compensation administration; benefits administration; performance management; payroll support; FMLA administration; guidance on all applicable federal, state and local laws; personnel records management, and new employee orientation. The Manager, Employee Relations reports to the Manager, Human Resources.
What Will You Do?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Partner: Act with all levels of management, all business functions and team members in instituting and executing organizational strategic management initiatives and workforce planning system actions and improvements which positively impact business profitability and raise employee engagement. Business partner support will also encompass strategic and tactical support for labor relations and occupational health and safety programs.
- Leadership Development, Engagement and Diversity: Educate, coach and counsel members of the organization on performance management programs and procedures, employee development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to meeting or exceeding goals. Recruit salary and hourly employees using pre-employment selection processes, recruiters, college recruiting, including media selection/advertising, relocation coordination, orientation etc.
- Work systems: Identify training, learning and development needs, initiate cost effective delivery systems to meet those needs as well as facilitate leadership development modules.
- Educate: Coach management on company policies, work rules, as well as applicable federal and state regulations to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources processes, products and services.
- Facilitate: Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of goals and objectives, organizational development and communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Change Agent: Participate in researching, developing and executing human resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources tools, resources and new strategies.
- Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Initiating Action
- Continuous Learning
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field is required.
- 5+ years of multi-faceted human resources experience with at least 2 years at a manager level (managing others within the labor relations or human resources function), in a manufacturing environment as well as knowledge of labor and employment law and regulations.
- MBA and PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS SharePoint) and experience with HRIS Systems.
- Strong negotiating, planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines; experience in coaching line managers.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions.
Only 35 minutes from Wichita, Hesston is home to nearly 4,000 residents and spans across 4 square miles of beautiful land. This town offers substantial opportunities for employment, housing options, and access to good health care and schools. Hesston and its surrounding areas boast small-town living at its finest and can be a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of big-city life.
The City of Hesston, Kansas is a friendly, welcoming community that promotes a healthy lifestyle for all ages; that values its youth; that celebrates cultural diversity; that experiences and nurtures a learning environment; and that offers a strong sense of community. Hesston possesses something that large cities typically lack: a “small town feel” that its residents value deeply. It is laid back, friendly, walkable, community-oriented, familiar, soulful and infused with nature.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO works tirelessly to help make today's farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. Our collection of brands is a large part of what makes AGCO so unique. Our brands are powerful and modern. They're well-known brands like Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra. They are the ones that the world looks to each and every day.
Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.