Agriculture industry leader is seeking an Administrative and Accounting Manager for its Salinas, CA headquarters. This role will manage the office as well as provide direct support to the Accounting and Payroll Departments in order to fulfill the objective of increased efficiency in the overall company operations. This is a full-time (direct hire) position offering a competitive salary and full benefits package!
Essential responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
Finance/Accounting and Office Management
- Day-to-day presence in the office
- Prepare weekly work schedule of all accounting/payroll department employees.
- Ensure revenues are audited and posted daily to the correct account codes.
- Verify the daily bank deposits to the cash / checks received.
- Ensure audits of all house funds given to cash handling staff.
- Review and ensure AP invoices are coded to the correct account and are documented by a PO and receiver's signature.
- Ensure timely payment of all vendors. Review the AP aging and resolve any overdue accounts.
- Prepare the Federal, State, and City and any other transactional tax returns and ensure payment is processed in a timely manner to take advantage of any discounts offered, cash flow permitting based on discussion with Owners.
- Prepare all month-end entries. Review the results with Owners investigating variances to budget.
- Ensure all bank accounts and other Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly. Investigate outstanding items, follow-up to clear them.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly physical count of inventories.
- Create a cohesive working environment within the Accounting/Payroll department and ensure Payroll is run on a timely basis.
- Provide direction, assistance and training to the accounting/Payroll staff.
- Ensure department reports are completed on time and accurately.
- Maintain an attractive and orderly office environment.
- Maintain a consistent work schedule as committed to upon hire. May be required to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed to support special events or seasonal peaks.
Compliance and Human Resources
- Yearly renewal of Federal and State FLC Licenses
- Complete yearly FLC registration for each applicable county in California
- Ensure payments for company vehicle registrations are complete
- Ensure all county health and business permits are valid
- Ensure compliance in the accounting department with the company's health and safety policies.
- Perform timely reviews of direct report employees after discussing with Owners.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to provide them with required documentations and backups to protect the financial integrity of the operation in every aspect.
- Stay current with and adhere to state and federal employment law as well as maintain company policies and procedures.
- Take an active interest in the betterment and development of team members.
- Interface with all appropriate staff to ensure a collaborative, efficient, and effective organization.
- Co-ordinate, liaise and work closely with outside IT support service to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Test all required upgrades as designated by local management.
- Maintain inventory of all user workstations, printers and software and troubleshoot any problems.
- Ensure the following are met and enforced:
o Network operations properly administered
o FAMOUS modules properly installed and functioning
o Backup(s) available for emergency restore o emergency vendor phone listing complete
o Proper documentation of recovery services
o Upgrades and patches properly installed.
- Offer support as needed to satellite offices through Phone, Remote Dial in, or On-site visit.
- Maintain support / maintenance contracts and vendors for emergency support issues as necessary for all Network Critical Systems.
- Perform Audits of IT Systems at property regularly in order to allow for increased efficiency.
- Provide, upon request, reviews of operational needs for budgetary and capital expenditure planning.
- Ensure the installation and upgrade of I.T. equipment are properly planned and executed.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to successfully perform the above-referenced responsibilities as well as have the following experience, training and characteristics (a combination of same may be considered):
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to maintain a positive attitude
- Able to meet deadlines as required
- Impeccable grooming and professional presence
- Quick evaluation and decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Proficient in FAMOUS
Further will possess the following professional and technical qualifications:
- Solid understanding of and experience in the Agricultural Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Accounting; Associates degree may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to function as a positive member of a team
- Ability to operate all office equipment (including telephone, computer, copier)
- Bilingual skills. Strong comprehension of English & Spanish language, excellent written and verbal communication skills including, excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Procedures
- Possession of a valid California driver's license
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.