On behalf of our client, a premier vegetable grower nestled in the heart of the Santa Clara Valley, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Office Manager. This is a full-time position in Gilroy, CA offering a healthy and safe work environment, outstanding benefits and generous compensation. Direct hire.
Summary: The Office Manager maximizes operational efficiencies by coordinating, overseeing, and performing a broad range of general administrative functions in multiple areas such as payroll processing, human resources, bookkeeping, sales support, and receptionist services. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing various aspects of Office Management including human resources and administration (recruitment, benefit plans, employee relations, and personnel information files).
- Assists with payroll processing, managing picker tickets, and passing out paychecks.
- Responsible for employee inquiries and requests regarding benefits and time off.
- Posts information to accounting software from such sources documents as bills from customers, cash receipts, invoices, and customer payments.
- Reconciles cash accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Pays supplier invoices and accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Issues invoices to customers.
- Ensures that receivables are collected promptly.
- Maintains the petty cash fund.
- Supports Payroll Team and External Accountant.
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office.
- Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
- Answers phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, and filing.
- Responsible for coordinating facilities services by maintaining office equipment, physical space, and telecommunication systems. Reviewing furniture needs and keeping the office supplied
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards, and office keys.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment is needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity. Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will have the following skills, education and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Minimum of three years of office management experience
- Ability to work well within a team, share best practices, experience, and knowledge
- Must be able to handle pressure and multiple-priorities with professionalism and poise
- Possess highly effective oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be highly skilled in the use and creation of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in the use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the administrative needs of the department.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with Quickbooks software required.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.