Established employer in transportation industry is seeking an Office Manager at their Soledad, California location. This company is family owned and has operated for over 35 years and originally held its operations in Davis, CA. To better serve its clientele, headquarters were moved to Soledad, CA, the center of the Salinas Valley.
On behalf of this highly respected family-owned trucking operation, we are seeking a dedicated multi-tasker with full-charge bookkeeping/accounting and compliance experience who enjoys a busy environment and wearing many hats. This is a full-time (direct hire) opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Great opportunity for someone looking for a long-term career and chance to learn operations compliance. Current Office Manager has been with company for over 30 years and is retiring the end of 2023. Training provided for disciplined and dedicated candidate! Pay range: Exempt $75,000 to $90,000+ annually to start - DOE
You are a capable operations administrator and accountant with experience in the full-scope of bookkeeping duties which includes working with accounting software, performing reconciliations, maintaining general ledger and posting journal entries, reviewing financial statements and generating reports, as well as addressing multiple monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring compliance responsibilities, licensing, and state and federal operating requirements. Will oversee direct reports that process accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the below-listed responsibilities as well as have the following skills, attributes and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Proven experience in an accounting management role – preferably in transportation or agriculture.
- A positive, friendly attitude and who enjoys working with others.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines – extremely important.
- Minimum of eight years accounting experience with ability to manage staff in various accounting categories (A/P, A/R, and Payroll).
- Strong software knowledge including MS Office programs (Word and Intermediate Excel)
- Familiar with various accounting software; Axon (transportation specific) a plus. Training provided.
- College education with degree or certification in accounting or related subject (or combination of education and relevant experience)
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic – dedicated, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Bilingual/Biliterate (English/Spanish) helpful but not a requirement.
About the Role
Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, maintain, track and process various filings, permits, taxes and licensing (i.e., Heavy Use Tax, IFTA Decals, DOT reports, Environment Fee Filing, United Carrier Registration, Toxic Waste Filing, all Federal and State permits, Corporate Annual Filing and Updates, Property Tax Reports and Filings, and IFTA/Drug Testing as well as other State and Federal requirements).
- Manage and produce financial reports.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee payroll. Review weekly payroll reports for discrepancies.
- Maintain and generate financial statements, as needed.
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries. Open door policy.
- Fixed Assets
- DMV Registrations and Vehicle Insurance. Other vehicle reporting and licensing.
- Human Resources – Onboarding and Employee Benefits Enrollment
- Employee File Maintenance; Workers Compensation; Unemployment/COBRA
The above-noted is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential, and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, we encourage you to submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.