On behalf of our client, an independent entity managing the payroll function for a large berry growing operation, we are conducting a search for payroll candidates with a minimum of three years processing payroll with piece rate calculation experience. This position will report to the Controller and is an integral member of this company's busy Payroll Department based in Watsonville, CA. Immediate consideration for qualified candidates!
Full-time, direct hire and eligible for excellent benefits including medical, dental & vision, 401K, paid vacation and sick pay. Hours are 8:00 to 5:00 M-F (some OT may be required as needed during peak season). No travel required.
Summary: Compile and record employee time and payroll data. Compute employees' work time, production, incentives and bonus. Compute and post wages and deductions and prepare paychecks.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following however other duties may be assigned (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
• Process weekly transfer of payroll data to payroll system
• Calculate, process and issue weekly and semi-monthly payroll checks.
• Collect timecards and review the information for completeness and accuracy.
• Poll electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
• Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
• Contact various department supervisors or crew foremen for any missed times or discrepancies.
• Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
Ideal candidate will be able to perform the above-listed duties and responsibilities as well have the following skills, education and/or experience:
• Minimum three years payroll experience and training in an agricultural environment. Experience calculating piece rate for berries helpful
• Proficient in Excel and MS Word programs. Experience with FAMOUS, ADS, DataTech or similar payroll processing and/or time tracking software
• Able to work in a respectful and professional manner with all levels of employees
• Ethical conduct, dependable with an excellent work ethic
• Strong time management and organized
• Self-motivated team player
• Abel to multi task and work in fast paced environment with accuracy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful but not a requirement
• Work onsite and meet position's regular attendance schedule, as required
• High school diploma or general education degree. Associates in Business/Accounting a plus
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated or target compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume to us. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.