Family owned fresh vegetable producer is urgently seeking candidates for the position of Production Shift Supervisor. This role would be based at a state-of-the-art food processing facility in San Benito Coumty, California. This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive wage and benefits.
About the Position
The Production Shift Supervisor will be responsible for managing all aspects of the production facility with the assistance of the Production Manager. This position may plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities (to include but are not limited to):
- Coordinate crew and line equipment to complete daily production schedules. a. Including assembling equipment during start up b. Includes monitoring Metal Detector on the Packaging Lines. c. Monitor equipment for optimal production efficiencies. d. Inspect line equipment to ensure proper setup according to production schedule. e. Ensure proper packaging, raw material and ingredients are being used in accordance with eh production schedule. f. Work with the maintenance personnel to ensure production lines run smoothly. g. Ensure that all employees are following the Food Safety Requirements in regards to GMP’s and PPE’s.
- Report completion may be required (monitoring and ensuring all records are complete, accurate and legible): a. Identify any non-conformance or hold product b. Report any equipment breakdowns or failures. c. May be required to fill out paperwork and FSQA forms. i. Attendance sheets ii. Absentee lists iii. Production reports iv. Downtime reports v. Metal detector logs and/or forms vi. QA documents as needed vii. Incident reports d. Assist with corrective actions when needed.
- May be called upon to assist the Production Manager in the following: a. Accident Investigation b. Disciplinary Action
- Required to provide training to all production positions. a. Instruct on the job responsibilities b. Ensure employees follow all safety requirements, c. Ensure employees understand the proper PPE requirements for the Low Risk & High Risk rooms. d. Ensure employees follow the GCF food safety rules.
- May be required to operate equipment, machinery and tools. a. Pallet Jacks (manual and electric) b. Forklifts (must pass GCF qualification)
- May be required to monitor and supervise external contractors, while on-site at the production facility.
- Will work closely with maintenance, QA, Facilities, Shipping & Warehouse & Receiving to make sure production is running smoothly. a. Communicate directly to those departments as needed when issues arise. b. Communicate to direct report if a resolution isn’t possible.
In addition to being able to perform the above dues and responsibilities, successful candidate will have the following skill, abilities and knowledge:
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to efficiently take instruction from superiors.
- Awareness of the safety and official procedures for handling products.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft office software preferred.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold or wet environment.
- Must be able to walk, sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Other Essential Duties
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
- Ensure cleanliness around facility, freezer and production area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.