QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Looking to build your career with a stable, yet growing organization? If so, come be a part of Trinidad Benham’s rewarding work environment and highly motivated team. For over a century, Trinidad Benham has worked with growers, who rely on its dedicated representatives, the latest crop management techniques, advanced processing and packaging technology, and competitive pricing to deliver the highest quality beans produced and distributed today.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to be located at our bulk processing facility in Colgate, North Dakota. Job responsibilities will include testing and inspection of incoming product at various stages to determine variations from quality standards. This position also monitors the facility and employees to maintain compliance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Perform a variety of tests to monitor quality of incoming product, plant production and finished goods inventory.
- Communicate variations in housekeeping and National Food Safety Standards to Plant Manager and QA Lead as they occur.
- Track production data and complete necessary QA documentation.
- Monitor all production output to ensure Customer Specifications are being met.
- Conduct inspections and approval on outbound shipping containers.
- Perform cycle counts to ensure proper stock rotation.
- Assist QA Lead, Plant Manager, and Production Supervisor in implementing SQF compliant Food Safety programs.
- Monitor employee activities to ensure compliance to GMP regulatory standards.
- Complete and store all necessary documentation per food safety requirements
- Experience in Agriculture a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Record. Must be able to travel between local area locations.
- Basic skills in Excel a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand 8 hours (up to ten hours during busy season) and walk up and down steps.
- Must be able to climb ladders and sample product at heights above 10ft.