Quality/Inventory Control Associate will be responsible for inventory accuracy, inspecting all inbound and outbound product to ensure that company quality, food safety and dating standards are met. This individual will work closely with the Receiving department to identify and communicate any quality issues with incoming product and take the appropriate action. In addition they will work closely with the Purchasing and Sales department to resolve quality issues and improving procedures.
High school education and 1 year of produce industry experience and/or Quality Control experience in a similar commodity industry.
1. Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold (non-weather).
2. Frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
3. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
5. Regularly lift and/or moves up to 35 pounds; frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds; occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 75 pounds.
6. Vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
7. Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
8. Regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
9. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
10. Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and AS 400.
11. Ability to work with in a team and independently in a fast paced environment.
12. Observes and follows proper safety procedures; willingness to report potentially unsafe conditions.
1. Responsible for the quality control process beginning with receipt of product, maintaining inventory turns and dates, and product on hand for nightly shipping.
2. Examine products for defects in line with the company’s quality standards and food safety program.
3. Verify that the specifications of product meet company and customer standards.
4. Reviews reports pertaining to inventory accuracy and days on hand.
5. Identify opportunities for the out-of-spec product and work to improve the product’s quality.
6. Will be asked to be involved in all warehouse activities as needed: receiving, picking etc.
7. Operate warehouse equipment: forklift, pallet jack, produce knife, etc.
8. Perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
9.Responsible for Quality and Food Safety.