Growth oriented innovative grower/food processor has an immediate need for an experienced Refrigeration Technician for their Morgan Hill and Hollister facilities. This employer offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and more!
Summary: This position works independently to ensure timely, effective coverage and maintenance of (FREON refrigeration, HVAC, boiler/steam, and compressed air systems) the position also provides mechanical and technical process support throughout the facility.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform all preventative maintenance to the system, including draining the oil pots, oil and filter changes compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, auto purges, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment, air compressors, air dryers, hvac and boilers/steam
- Observes and record temperature and pressure readings for system and equipment and adjusts controls to obtain specified operation of equipment
- Makes periodic inspection of equipment and system to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in engine room, cooler, freezer, and IQF areas
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards
- Comply to and monitor operation for compliance with all elements of the “Process Safety Management Program”
- Document all maintenance and inspection activity in accordance with our Work Connection Program
- Follow company’s GMP’s, SOP’s, Plant Rules and Policies
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Duties for all Employees:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
- Ensure cleanliness around facility, freezer and production area.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications (a combination of these may be considered):
Minimum of three years’ experience operating large refrigeration systems including:
- CIRA/CARO Certification - Helpful
- Leak detection calibration
- Experience with both electric and hot gas defrost
- Experience with multi compressor oil management systems
- Understanding of direct expansion, flooded, and recirculated systems
- Preventive maintenance
- Experience with semi hermetic compressors
- Experience with open drive Carrier/Carlyle compressors
- Experience with performing alignments on open drive compressors and motors
- Full understanding of the closed loop refrigeration cycle and it’s heat transfer capabilities
- Multi-stage Compression Systems
- Electrical Control Systems (FES & Frick)
- Ability to Interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawings
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Liquid Recirculation Systems
- Evaporative Condensers
Knowledge of safety criteria for Ammonia Systems based on IIAR Standards
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.