Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Perdue Foods is a leader in Premium Proteins and Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top US grain companies.
The Regional Learning and Development Manager delivers non-technical learning programs for salaried and hourly associates in order to improve productivity and engagement and reduce turnover in the region, primarily at poultry harvest and cook plants; may also include support of grain and agriculture commodity locations such as feed mills, soybean plants and the like. Creates or sources traditional on-ground as well as e-learning courses to include on-going leadership, management and communications tracks as well as programs identified through informal and formal needs assessments.
This individual can sit anywhere within the required travel region: Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky or Indiana.
- Provides leadership and other management development courses as prescribed by the annual Learning Calendar to include classes for Team Leads (Salaried Supervisors), Line Leads (Hourly), and other management positions.
- Works with Human Resources Business Partners and Operations Leadership in the annual succession planning process; identifies and nurtures hourly and salaried emerging leaders; facilitates unique learning sessions or other developmental programs.
- In conjunction with Corporate L & D Team, identifies and sources workforce development or other grant funding opportunities
- Assess learning needs through formal or informal means; create or source programs including coaching, traditional on-ground or e-learning courses to address gaps in productivity, retention, engagement and other criteria related to performance and
- Diagnoses gaps in individual and team performance through the use of assessments and other tools and recommends appropriate courses or other developmental programs.
- Embodies and exhibits Perdue values (quality, integrity, teamwork, and stewardship).
- Captures data and other learning scorecard metrics including evaluations of courses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training & Development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 Years experience in Training with advanced facilitation/presentation skills, applied Instructional Design, Adult Learning Principles/Methodologies, and/or Organizational Development.
- Strong proficiency in verbal/written communications, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, multi-tasking, problem-solving, coaching/mentoring and time management skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of business hours.
- Master’s degree in one or more of the following: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training & Development or other relevant field.
- Previous experience in a perishable foods/production environment, especially live animal agriculture
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.