ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Summary: A full-time direct hire position offering a competitive compensation package which includes employer sponsored health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their dependents, paid time off and a retirement plan with employer match.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR/Safety Coordinator will assist with the development of reports, procedures, and programs to ensure the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and will support compliance at the field and at a plant level and help drive Safety performance improvements and efficiencies. The HR/Safety Coordinator will support and collaborate with key business partners such as product managers, ranch managers, crew leaders, field employees and owners/partners to ensure the company and affiliated entities operate their business through its core values of honesty, fairness and respect. This role requires travel to Yuma, AZ during the Winter and to growing regions in California, as needed.
Responsibilities and duties to include but are not limited to:
- Employee orientations and registrations; office and field
- Research Worker Safety and environmental regulations and provide support for compliance
- Participate in Worker Safety compliance and safety Management System Audits
- Supports the HR/Safety Manager in the development of safety policies, standards and procedures based on regulatory and internal requirements
- Manage data collection and analysis of Safety metrics and reports including injury and illness
- Assist with preparation of government reports and permits/certifications
- Conduct Safety benchmarking; internal and external to identify best practices
- Participate or lead Safety projects to support best practices, lean and six sigma
- Participate in root cause incident investigations
- Participate in job Safety analysis
- Assist in creation and delivery of Safety training programs and LMS Systems
- Assist with management of Safety recordkeeping, web pages and servers
- Lead creation and deployment of Safety communications
- Support Workers Compensation programs and process improvements; monitors claims and partners with case managers with claim management and recommends plan of action
- Collaborates with plant leadership relative to light duty opportunities and/or modified work, if available
- Assist with investigations pertaining to industrial injuries, equipment damage, employee complaints, and other HR relating investigations
- Effectively manage safety and employee relations issues in accordance with our company values
- Ensure field operations are in compliance with applicable labor laws
- Identify and coordinate needed training for crew leaders and overhead team to ensure they are up to date with company policies and procedures
- Input and maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on excel and current system software
- Consistently follows up on all issues and investigations
- Answer calls from employees, supervisors/foreman, and other staff using exemplary customer service skills
- Facilitate distribution of posting notices to relevant sites
- Assist with delivery of injury prevention and Safety compliance programs
- Assist with tailgates and trainings
- Assist in additional projects as may be required
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, training and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish required
- At least 3 years of Occupational Safety experience in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate well with all levels of management and employees.
- The ability to interface closely with employees, site Representatives, Supervisors, and Human Resource Management
- Knowledge of Safety regulations OSHA, EPA and DOT at the local, state (CA and AZ) and federal levels
- Good computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Database Management and PowerPoint with the ability to translate data into charts and graphs in order to track trends and budgets in relationship to actual costs
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy - Understands other perspectives and can clearly re-state them. Works through conflict effectively and positively
- Proactive – Anticipates needs and acts to fulfill them
- Interpersonal skills – Has ability to relate to others and build strong professional relationships
- Maintain confidential information and conversations
This job description does not restrict the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.