Premier employer and produce leader is hiring for the position of Safety Trainer. This is a full-time direct hire eligible for a competitive compensation package.
Summary: Responsible for assisting the Safety Manager with facilitating and conducting company-wide safety and risk management training. Must be a knowledgeable and efficient hands-on safety resource to all operations company-wide, with the ability to identify safety issues and recommend a resolution to management in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Safety Manager. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. The position is based in Salinas, CA with seasonal relocation to Yuma, AZ from November through March, or optionally, seasonal relocation to Yuma during the month of November thru mid-December. Relocation of approximately one week per month thereafter through March.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting HR and Safety trainings for all operations of the company in all districts.
- Communicate with current Foreman/ Supervisors/ Injured Employees/ Management to provide safety trainings as needed.
- Maintain training records using various spreadsheets and computer programs
- Scan and verify safety trainings using TeleForm Verifier or other document imaging system
- Coordinate, conduct and track company’s anti-harassment training program.
- Recommend new approaches and procedures to improve existing company training programs.
- Coordinate safety training programs, including ordering, inventory, and distribution of safety training material. Revision of training forms as needed.
- Conduct safety training meetings with employees, including members of management.
- Coordinate, conduct and track CPR/First Aid/AED trainings for the company.
- Assist in coordination of pesticide safety training meetings for production personnel.
- Assist with coordination and execution of annual corporate office evacuation in conjunction with Post-Harvest.
- Maintain all employee safety training records in compliance with the IIPP.
- Develop, implement and maintain a company-wide training tracking system.
- Prepare and present required and special reports as needed.
- Assist with audits/investigations by governmental agencies including OSHA.
- Assist in responses to inquiries by governmental agencies by gathering information needed.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with management and all work associates.
- Inspire a safety culture that creates a safe work environment throughout the organization.
- Translation of training documents and programs.
- Assist Safety Coordinator with creating SOP’s.
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory.
- Work schedule may include OT and weekends.
- Must be able to work outdoors (rain or shine) in warm and cold temperatures.
- Proven experience in training and safety – preferably in an agricultural environment (cooler and field operations), or a related industry.
- Possess knowledge of employee rights and employer responsibilities, pertaining to safety, arising under federal, state and local laws, including OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form, in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to keep skill set current.
- Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Safety along with pertinent federal and state regulations/standards and required safety programs.
- Incident investigations, OSHA inspections.
- Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines and appropriate software such as Windows, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop products including strong knowledge and experience with Excel and Word.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.