On behalf of our client, a Salinas Valley based Grower-Packer-Shipper of fresh vegetables, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Sales/Account Manager (fresh produce).
This employer is a family-owned highly respected and well established fourth generation operation offering a competitive salary, generous sales incentive plan and desirable benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance, retirement with match, and paid vacation. Their customers have come to expect only the highest quality produce and service and are committed to ensure that this is what they receive. The size and structure of the company allows them to be ultra-responsive to each customer’s requests. Further, they specialize in servicing client’s needs with special packs, contracts and private labeling. Direct communication between sales and the production team assure that their customers’ needs are met.
Role and responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Receives telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from domestic customers, and distributors. Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Uses Famous Software to retrieve customer information, the status of purchase orders, and to make changes on customer purchase orders. Ensures that correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information.
- Communicates with field production team on daily basis to manage sales inventories.
- Follows up on inquiries by checking order status for delivery information. Works closely with production regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments.
- Handles the needs of sales representatives and customers by area of the United States.
- Makes price quotations immediately by phone on price book items. Prepares forms for price quotations on items not contained in price book and forwards to clerk for preparation of quotations.
- Checks with credit department concerning credit status of customer when rush orders are received.
- Contacts distributors or checks computer printouts sent to us by customers to locate requested items in order to meet customer's delivery requirements. Relays this information to customer.
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
- Prepares paperwork (original purchase order, copies of invoice, and return goods memo) to be given to accounting department for credit or debit to be issued.
- Handles government orders as a backup when necessary
Ideal candidate will have the ability and/or experience to successfully perform the above-noted responsibilities as well as have the following skills, education and/or experience:
- Experience selling to major retailers, food service, wholesalers and export markets.
- Three to five years’ minimum experience selling fresh vegetables (business to business) and commodity inventory management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred yet not required.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation. All inquiries are confidential and a resume will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, we welcome and encourage you to e-mail your resume to us. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.