ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Exciting technology products and software solutions company serving the Fresh Produce and Perishables Industries. This employer delivers high value improvements to supply chain and cold chain performance, productivity and sustainability with solutions that enable its customers to significantly improve or transform existing processes. In the world of innovation and digital transformation, this employer provides solutions for end-to-end visibility, removes cumbersome paperwork and streamlines processes in every part of the supply chain.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to determine prospective clients, expand sales in the West Coast Region as well as across the United States, and to help grow our business. This position will be based in Salinas, CA at the Western Growers Center for Innovation and Technology and will report to the President with close collaboration with the lead Project Manager. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary with commission/sales bonuses. Direct hire.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Sales Representative will work diligently to identify leads, educate prospects on products through calls, trainings, and presentations, and provide existing customers with exceptional support. This role will be responsible for assisting with building and maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing customers which may include following up on leads and wrapping up new business.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
* Prospect and qualify new sales leads
* Schedule meetings and presentations with prospects
* Create, plan, and deliver presentations on company services and products
* Track all sales activities in company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly
* Maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects
* Develop strong, ongoing relationships with prospects and customers
* Meet and/or exceed company goals
* Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have the following skills, education and experience (a combination or variation of these may be considered):
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Ag Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
* Five plus years of sales experience in ag technology (experience selling technology products, solutions to decision-makers in supply chain, QA operations, processors, shippers, & retailers/food service companies as well as related fruit, vegetable, and other perishable industries).
* Will have contacts with decision-makers and/or able to establish connections with those decision makers.
* Proven record securing customers/new business by rigorously applying themselves and closing deals.
* Ability to prepare and adhere to a regimented sales schedule, meet established KPI’s and objectives.
* Ability to follow and maintain a CRM process, work closely with Project Manager and technology leaders within the company.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Highly self-motivated with the ability to develop a future sales team.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Previous experience in managing client relationships and new business development preferably in the agriculture industry with special emphasis on supply chain management.
* Familiar with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
* Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, including frequent use of PowerPoint and Excel
* Ability to organize and prioritize client visits, along with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to travel overnight, as needed
Other preferred attributes:
- Adaptable, assertive and accountable
- High aptitude and good communication skills
- Technologically savvy and/or desire to further comprehension of technology and innovation.
- Must be well versed in all social media platforms with the ability to navigate in these arenas.
- Dedicated to the long term and vision of the Company.
- Ability to work remotely as needed as well as with customers on site visits throughout primarily California but may also include other domestic or international locations.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential, and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, you are encouraged to submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.