See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
MEET THE TEAM - Learn more about Evonik from our employees
Are you looking to join a diverse, global team developing specialty additives and solutions for the agriculture industry? We are looking for a candidate who has a BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry or a related field and 3 years of experience in agricultural formulations, seed treatments, biological solutions or irrigation science to help us design and commercialize agricultural solutions.
- Develop formulations based on current and future customer and market needs.
- Support customers with product suggestions, sampling and hands on laboratory evaluation.
- Collaborate with technical team of formulators, synthetic chemists, analytical chemists and production to design and scale up new molecules for laboratory and field trial evaluation.
- Support business, sales and marketing teams to promote our current product portfolio and suggest new application ideas and future market needs.
- Support Field Trials with product development and sample preparation.
- Keep diligent laboratory records and follow the Stage Gate Product Development Process for new product development.
- Develop and support partnerships with industry committees (ASTM, ACS, CPDA), universities and external test houses.
- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry or related field with 3 years of experience in agriculture formulation development, seed treatment, biological solutions or irrigation science.
- Knowledge of formulation types: emulsifiable concentrates, wettable powders, soluble liquids, suspension concentrates, capsule suspensions, water dispersible granules, seed treatments.
- Knowledge of surface science, emulsions, silicone chemistry, adjuvants, polymers antifoams and dispersants.
- Laboratory experience in surface tension, rheology, high speed mixing, milling, particle sizing, germination studies, microbial viability.
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry and regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication skills with desire to present at internal meetings and external customer presentations.
- Must be well acquainted with proper laboratory notebook practices, EHS policies and standards.
- Additional language skills would be an asset: Spanish, Portugese, German.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER []
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.