Excellent career opportunity with leading fresh produce grower/shipper/packer with corporate headquarters in Salinas, California. This is a full-time position eligible for paid vacation, paid holidays, medical plan, and retirement options! We are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Staff Accountant. Depending on experience, the position of Accounting Supervisor may be considered.
Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to) the following:
Accounting functions within the Production, Harvesting and Cooling/Shipping Departments under supervision from the Operations Controller. Day to day activities require the use of initiative and judgment, particularly when prioritizing work or working with multiple deadlines.
• Responsible for aspects of the monthly general ledger closings including inventory relieving, commodity cost allocations, growing cost accruals, indirect allocations and ranch/block terminations.
• Responsible for the management of inventory for seed, carton and packing supplies, fertilizer, chemicals, and drip tape.
• Responsible for the management of the Grower Accounting system including:
• Ensuring accurate annual reconciliation and analysis of grower deals
• Ensuring prompt payment of contract payments
• Accurate calculation of net returns, etc. with proper documentation
• Maintenance of grower contract management system
• Accounting and administrative support for Harvesting and Production Departments
• Analysis of material efficiencies, inventory control and purchasing
• Analysis of commodity financial reporting
• Participate in annual audit and year end procedures
• Participate in special projects as needed
Ideal candidate will have the ability and knowledge to successfuly perform the above-referenced responsibilities as well as have the following skills, experience and education (a combination or variation of these may be considered):
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years of work experience in an accounting role preferred
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision
• Solid problem solving skills with a methodical approach
• Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure while managing multiple tasks
• Valid driver’s license and clean record
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.