On behalf of dynamic employer and grower of specialty crops headquartered on the Central Coast of California, we are conducting a search for that ideal accounting candidate who believes in and has a passion for the vision of the company. This fresh produce industry leader values and fosters strategic relationships that are long-standing and well-developed over a range of commodity segments. This is a great opportunity to become part of a forward thinking growth company and to work in a fast paced and performance driven environment. This is a full-time professional position offering a competitive salary and benefits program. Based in the Salinas, CA. Direct hire.
Position Summary: This position reports directly to the Controller and will plan and coordinate accounting functions associated with one or more of the company’s divisions and/or entities. Candidate must be comfortable working independently and be able to assist a team of accounting clerks (A/P and A/R) with explanations of financial concepts, company policies, and financial implications of proposed activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of all deliverables associated with the week end and month end closing process.
- Run reports to ensure compliance to the weekly and monthly data input by production and produce weekly/monthly scorecard.
- Preparation of the location’s monthly forecasted results and cost accounting reporting.
- Ensure that staff is properly trained on the use of Famous Software.
- Calculation of accurate product costing for current and new products. Ensure process for new products are followed.
- Assume leadership role as primary accounting support.
- Maintain SOPs current and create new ones as needed.
- Work with Financial Analysts on any new plant assets, whether built or purchased.
- Provide accounting guidance to onsite clerical staff.
- Manage accounts receivable aging by working with onsite sales.
- Manage any special projects that affect the location’s established financial procedures.
- Occasional after-hours work may be required in conjunction with seasonal trends.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, education and/or abilities. A combination of same may be considered:
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge MS Excel.
- Familiar with standard accounting (A/P, A/R, GL) and reporting systems (Famous experience a plus).
- Possess solid accounting and analytical skills as well as a working knowledge of GAAP.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbally
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Five years relevant work experience. Some cost accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting coupled with a proven work history.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated or target compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.