ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Highly respected and growth oriented agriculture company. Offers a full line of mainstream produce items and an extensive array of mixed and specialty vegetables. Corporate headquarters are located in Salinas, California. This employer and grower/shipper/packer prides itself on delivering ‘large company’ volumes and services while purposely giving its customers a ‘small company’ customer service experience.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant serves as a proactive business partner to the accounting department. This position is responsible for managing aspects of the financial statement preparation in regards to the General Ledger and Payroll. The Staff Accountant makes recommendations on accounting department issues, both proactively and as they arise. This is a full-time (direct hire) position. Employer offers a competitive compensation package which includes a retirement plan with employer match and employer sponsored health, dental and vision insurance plus a great team oriented work environment, to boot!
Role and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Ensure timely and accurate transaction processing.
- Support aspects of the financial statement preparation, as it relates to Accounts Receivable, and other areas.
- Create an understanding of critical business issues as they arise, particularly as they relate to customer needs.
- Analyze and report operations results, and assist in special projects, for all departments, as needed.
- Participate in IT portion of accounting and software initiatives.
- Complete Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) integration implementations between customers and internal software, including maintaining and training users on process.
- Ensure Accounts Receivable EDI invoices are processed by troubleshooting errors.
- Reconcile customer rebate incentives.
- Understand and complete Accounts Receivable adjustments.
- Assist GL Accountant and Accounting Manager with various month-end reconciliations, including intercompany billings.
- Assist and cross train with Accounts Payable tasks.
- Crosstrain and provide support on other accounting department tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in accounting. CPA, CPA Candidate, a plus.
- Must possess solid knowledge of US GAAP, particularly revenue recognition, and other accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer software programs as needed. Knowledge of Famous software helpful but not required.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions in current challenges.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, and motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Ability to work in a high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure.
AGFORCE Search, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and submit your resume. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.