Exciting opportunity to join dynamic and expanding producer of specialty vegetables based in Salinas, CA as a Staff Accountant. This employer is adding to their finance and accounting team and this is an excellent chance to get your foot in the door and be cross-trained in all areas. This is a full-time salaried position eligible for vacation, retirement and medical benefits. Direct hire.
Responsibilities and essential functions are as follows (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Perform the activities for the company’s accounting department producing accurate and timely financial management reports
- Support Monthly Financial Statement close, including reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts, variance analysis and Select Revenue and Expense Schedules
- Maintain schedule of Fixed Assets and Leased Equipment for two entities, including reporting and compliance.
- Growing cost reports for farming operations – maintain schedule of growing costs (payroll, spray and fertilizer bills, contract labor, weeding, irrigation, etc.).
- Reconcile planted acres, crop in ground calculation and monthly reporting.
- Banking - Weekly Cash Position, including weekly update of outstanding checks, collections and payments
- Track customer contract vs. actual, rebates and special contract fees
- Support annual budgeting process
- Maintain leased property schedules, including rent payments, due dates and property taxes
- Maintain Debt and Capital Lease Schedules
- Assist in developing SOPs for accounting processes, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, etc.
In addition to the duties above, initial training will include working with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Shipper Reconciliation to understand the types of expenses, authorization processes, coding of expenses, customers, etc. to gain an overview of the business operations.
Please note the above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.