Raw Product Procurement and Planning professionals – we’d love to hear from you! On behalf of our client, we are seeking talented super charged individuals with experience in supply chain, materials management, and/or strategic sourcing and who are interested in joining one of the top organizations in the fresh produce industry. This employer, based on California’s Central Coast in Salinas, CA, offers personal and professional growth as well as a competitive compensation package.
SUMMARY: The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Director is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the company’s procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services. In this leadership role, this position will direct the procurement of goods and services for the client; assist Procurement team members and colleagues with procurement processes, change and updates other procurement-related activities; develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures; and develop a centralized procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage day to day raw product procurement planning & indirect material sourcing
- Administer and update sourcing agreements as applicable; develop KPI’s for suppliers to measure quality, service, and financial performance
- Point of contact for resolution of any raw product and packaging procurement issues
- Identify and develop strategic supplier to create a network, which enables future growth, mitigates risk, and provides contingency plans for continuous supply.
- Lead sourcing activities for development of new products and enhancement of current products/processes.
- Drive cost savings initiatives through continuous identification and execution of projects, which improve cost and/or efficiency.
- Propose and drive cost saving opportunities through analysis of current spend capabilities that includes raw materials, packaging and indirect materials
- Facilitate strategic sourcing bid process and deliver supplier partner agreements to provide top quality products, world-class service, and optimal pricing models.
- Analyze and report organization’s performance in costs, and tiers of suppliers
- Represents company in a professional and ethical manner, with high integrity, and high standards of business conduct
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
- Conduct day-to-day packaging needs (such as corrugate boxes, films, pallets, containers, misc. packaging items, etc.) & ensures inventories exist in different yards across the network & between seasons
- Work closely with quality, sales, marketing and new product departments to support processes of current items and provide guidance related to packaging for new products
- Drive process improvement in packaging related items with innovative ideas to drive cost reduction with suppliers while maintaining finished goods packaging quality
- Conduct monthly inventory count process for packaging, maintains high inventory accuracy and provide the finance organization requisite info for monthly roll-up
- Create Supplier Relationship Management process to measure supplier
- Establish account/credit and terms and partner with finance
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitor cost during the time period.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Works closely with Receiving Department to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Trace delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders
- Follow environmental and safety regulations and act in compliance with US laws
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
Ideal candidate will be able to perform with above with passion and success as well as possess the following skills, education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Business administration, Operations, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5-7 Years diverse experience in Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations
- Strong analytical/numbers capabilities and problem solving abilities.
- Advanced skill in MS Excel, MS Word, Windows, Famous
- Proven experience in developing and executing supply strategies
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of total cost, performance measurements, and budgets
- Project management, leadership, and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams from project start through timely execution.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills with a high sense of urgency
- Adherence to all company Sourcing Policies and Procedures
- This position has high expectations for integrity, character, ethics, and standards of business conduct.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.