Welcome to BioWorks Inc! We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 25 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
We are hiring a Technical Services Manager who will be an enthusiastic subject matter expert while advocating and communicating an understanding of the features, advantages and benefits of BioWorks’ products. Focus will be in the edibles, and non-edibles markets in the US, Canada and Mexico with the goal of accelerating the adoption and commercial sales of current and new products. Serve as a primary technical resource to BioWorks’ internal team members and lead the responsibility of BioWorks Value Driver – Rapid, Comprehensive, and Personalized Support to out customers. Directly responsible for supporting, and accomplishing personal, team, section, and company strategic goals that impact Equity per Core Customer.
Our ideal candidate would be based in Victor, NY. We would consider a remote arrangement for a highly qualified ideal candidate.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (“GGOB”), Scaling Up and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Oversees technical accuracy of product labels, literature, web information and other product communications.
- Coach and mentor Technical Services employees by driving objective setting, plan development and coaching sessions of technical services employees.
- Participate and develop in the overall annual Technical Services operating budget.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.
- Directs and provides product technical support for current and new products.
- Directs all technical training for BioWorks employees and key core customers.
- Lead process of analysis, compilation and development of technical communications.
- Oversees development, and monitoring and maintenance of competitive product and application information and activities.
- Provides direction and expertise on industry cultural practices and how BioWorks’ products fit into them.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and technical resource by supporting Sales, Marketing and BPM’s, Field Development and R&D with the development of technical sheets, presentation resources and/or promotional materials.
- Communicate and work effectively across BioWorks’ departments, including Regulatory, R&D, Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
- Adheres to BioWorks, Inc. company policies at all times.
- Must be capable of adapting to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Technical Services as is appropriate or requested
Essential Qualifications – Education, Experience, Skills: (in order of importance)
- Education: Master’s degree in horticulture or related field, preferred
- Experience: Greater than 5 years professional experience
- Complexity of Work and Decision Making: Difficult work on highly complex or involved projects that present new or constantly changing problems. Duties require outstanding judgment, initiative and the ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated. Decisions are made based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Accountability: Works from general objectives and broad and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents with little functional guidance. Review by supervisor focuses on achievement of the objective and not on the means. Direct accountability for operational, human, and/or fiscal resources.
- Consequence of Errors: Probable errors difficult to detect. Adverse impact. Duties may involve the evaluation of data for making recommendations on which top management bases important decisions.
- Customer Interactions: High relational skills required. Requires contacts and persuasion usually at the highest levels which possibly involve difficult negotiations, detailed explanations or interpretations, influencing others, defending matters of importance and/or handling very difficult relationships; failure to handle properly could cause significant harm to the organization or loss of business.
- Job Impact/Supervision Provided: Coordinates activities within their area of expertise. Handles many simultaneous complex assignments/projects. Provides critical data resources information/estimates. Has some control responsibilities for maintaining standards. Supervision of a department or section involving responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and personnel. Supervision includes coaching and mentoring of direct reports including the understanding of personal needs, values, problems, goals and alternatives.
- Environment and Use of Equipment/Machinery: Operates or uses complex office, lab/biological or maintenance equipment, machinery or tools. In-depth training/Advanced required. Performs complex set-up and operations.
- Highly motivated to meet project deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Good knowledge of scientific principles and methods
- Self-directed and the ability to work and solve problems independently
- Dependable and high-energy
- Excellent written/presentation, verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationships
- Highly organized and computer literate
- Working knowledge of statistics and data interpretation
- Project management experience a plus
- Ambitious with a positive mindset
Specific performance and personal competencies include:
- Driving Results – Sets positive, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Managing Performance – Translates over-arching business goals into specific objectives for each member of the team. Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
- Building Commitment – Motivates others to pursue common objectives with excitement about the future. Radiates enthusiasm for goals and infects others with a shared optimism and excitement. Conveys a genuine belief to succeed despite the toughest obstacles.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence – Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Uses relationship networks to strategically accomplish objectives. Communicates excitement about the business and motivates others to pursue common objectives.
- Communication – Communicates passion, energy, intensity, and excitement. Is highly articulate and makes arguments in a compelling matter and comes to the point.
- Energy/Endurance – Has a high capacity for work and shows passion, energy, endurance, and intensity. Maintains focus through days of long hours and multiple priorities.
- OUR Team – ONE Company
- We Honor our Commitments
- We have the RIGHT Conversations
- Our Customer’s Success is Our Success
- Ability to travel frequently
- Flexibility in scheduling to satisfy customers and potential customers
- Computer keying repetitive motions
- Possible eye strain
- Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds
To Apply to these positions please send your resume to: Careers@bioworksinc.com