On behalf of our client, a large vineyard operation and highly respected family owned vintner, we are seeking candidates for immediate consideration for the position of Vineyard Maintenance/Equipment and Shop Supervisor. This is a full-time (direct hire) opportunity based in Monterey County, CA offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency required.
Position Purpose: Under minimal supervision and acting on own initiative the Maintenance Supervisor assists with the maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the Central Coast area. This position is required to plan and assign the work to employees; for tractors, vineyard implements, grape harvesters, ATV's, RTV's plus pickups, large trucks, trailers, irrigation systems, mechanical equipment and other systems in Vineyard/Winery facility or for a group of buildings while reviewing work performance and results, ensuring conformance with established methods, policies, and procedures.
• Supervises shift or team of maintenance technicians, spending time assisting, monitoring, coaching, and following up on completed work to ensure it was performed at a high standard
• Provides hands-on support, assigns daily tasks and communicates changes to the team, assigns and monitors the work orders, tracking work orders, and compiling reports for the management team
• Plans and schedules maintenance projects including scheduling of proper personnel (employees & contractors), maintaining project budget, ensuring access to machine manuals, ensuring necessary parts are in inventory, and working with the production and operation teams to schedule time for completion of the project
• Actively participates and trains technicians in duties including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines, ensuring completed work is entered into computer maintenance management system.
• Maintains open lines of communication with general manager on performance issues, procedures, and policies to insure overall consistency.
• Sets the example by following all safety rules and practices; ensures employees use proper protective equipment and have a safe work environment, collaborates with other stakeholders as it relates to tools/equipment, training, work environment, identifying potential issues or other related safety items, as well as being accountable for ensuring maintenance personnel follow the same safety rules and practices
• Participates in continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives within and beyond the maintenance function by measuring activities, entering data, and ensuring the accuracy of the data
• Performs other duties as assigned by immediate manager or other facility leaders
Ideal candidate will have the following skills, training/education and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
• Requires intermediate set of skills to perform service and repair functions
• Knowledge of principles of effective supervision: performance management, counseling of staff, motivation and training of employees, preparation of documentation, recommendation and implementation of disciplinary measures as needed.
• Knowledge of principles and techniques of repair and maintenance of gas, diesel, alternative fuel, heavy and light vehicles and construction and special equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and software platforms; Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
• Possesses ability to analyze test results, machine error messages, blueprints, repair manuals, parts catalogs, and information obtained from operators to understand, diagnose and correct equipment problems
• Possesses solid troubleshooting and predictive maintenance skillset
• Ability to determine specifications associated with equipment parts, installation, repair and replacement
• Ability to specify bearings, belts, chains, gears, coupling, drives, and select and apply gaskets, seals, sealants, lubricants and oils
• Ability to diagnose problems and determine best method to correct them balancing; cost, timeliness, and quality
AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or AG mechanics and basic electrical a plus or equivalent experience; At least 5-7 years mechanical experience as Ag mechanic / Industrial Maintenance technician and 2-3 years supervisory experience.
Valid driver's license and an acceptable insurable driving record
Fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation when submitting. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.