Established agribusiness is adding to their accounting team. This AP Accounting Clerk position is responsible for processing Accounts Payable by entering invoices for payment in the Accounts Payable system. Will be cross trained in all accounting responsibilities and will support Accounting Manager with accounting and clerical functions as needed. This is a team oriented fast paced environment with a busy operation based in Salinas, CA. Full-time 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Hours in office may vary during SIP). Employer offers a competitive wage and benefits package. Direct hire! On this client’s behalf, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned and role may be modified depending on skills and experience):
• Match Purchase Order to all invoices. Ensure all POs have required approval signature from authorizing personnel(s) / manager(s).
• Match and process payables on computer system.
• Resolve any discrepancies and or purchase variance (includes price, units, taxes, and total amounts).
• Reconcile daily field accounting for portable toilets and rental equipment with vendor invoice; resolve all discrepancies prior to payment.
• Apply General Ledger Account Code and Cost Center to all invoices using original Purchase Order.
• Ensure that all adjustments are properly recorded prior to paying vendor.
• Add and maintain computer database for Vendors.
• Process weekly check run on timely manner.
• Attach required backups to invoices and ensure accuracy of each invoice amount prior to actual check.
• Match checks to back-up verifying payee, invoice number, all paper file adjustments have been processed, and submit to check signer.
• Prepare Per Diem Checks on a weekly basis from an approved listing and confirm that the employees will be working for the week being paid.
• Ensure that signed checks have appropriate back-up and mail to vendor.
• Answer all vendor inquiries and resolves problems regarding invoices through correspondence, telephone, fax, or E-mail.
• Reconcile Accounts Payable detail ledger with general ledger controlling account monthly.
• Maintain Accounts Payable files.
• Verify all vendor accounts status with monthly statements.
• Run a weekly Aging Report of all outstanding AP Invoices.
• Prepare and submit weekly Payroll Tax Deposits to Federal and State Agencies.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to perform the above listed tasks and responsibilities and will possess the following skills, knowledge and/or experience (a combination of experience and skills may be considered):
Knowledge of office methods, practices and equipment, and company accounting software (FAMOUS); initiative to learn new procedures to make A/P (or A/R) work processes more efficient; Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel; knowledge and experience in FAMOUS software a plus; 10-key by touch; ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers and those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Any associate degree or business college equivalent in accounting with emphasis in agricultural accounting; or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position. A combination of work experience and education or training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Proficiency in English (spoken and written); basic Spanish helpful but not a requirement. Must be capable of effectively communicating with customers, vendors, co-workers, employees, and shareholders. A strong work ethic and ability to commit to a full-time work schedule is required. Temporary remote accommodations and flex work schedule due to COVID may be a consideration.
AGFORCE, a Proformance Talent Group company, is authorized to source, prequalify and introduce candidates to its client for the above-noted full-time position. Interested parties should submit resumes in MS Word or text format (not PDF, please) to email@example.com with position title listed in subject line. Please include anticipated compensation in body of e-mail. All inquiries are confidential and resumes will not be shared without candidate's permission. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please note that only those candidates with qualifying skills will be contacted. If this opportunity sounds of interest but perhaps is not quite right for you, please go ahead and e-mail your resume confidentially or fax to 831.417.2796. We always have new openings and will keep your resume on file for any that might be a good match for you in the future.
AGFORCE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity with respect to consideration, employment offers, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.